cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlwright57
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hotel reimbursement

Hello: 

I am filling out an expense report for recent travel with ABC News. I am getting the below alert regarding my entry for the hotel expenses. As a freelancer who only occasionally travels for ABC, I don't have much experience with Concur. So, I really can't figure out what this means or how to solve it. I suspect the charges were supposed to go on ABC's card, but my card charged instead. Any help or direction would be much appreciated. Thank you.

This entry has an attached itinerary and must be matched to the corresponding charge before submission. If a personal or CTA itinerary, please remove from your report and delete the itinerary from your Available Expenses.

2 Solutions
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rlwright57 this just in...I can help you. Sorry, I couldn't resist when you said you work for ABC News. Anyway, in all seriousness...all you need to do is delete that item from off your report. Because you used SAP Concur for your hotel reservation, the system creates an itinerary item which would match to a corporate credit card transaction had you used a corporate card. It's a rule your company has to have an itinerary item match to a corporate card transaction.

Anyway, after you delete the item, go back into your expense report and create a new expense manually for the hotel. You should see a an option for either New Expense or you might see a blue Add button, depending on which user interface your company is currently using. 

Once you finish with the expense, you can then click Expense at the top of your screen. This will take you to the Manage Expenses screen. If you scroll down a little bit you will see a section labeled Available Expenses. You will see that hotel itinerary item sitting there. From here, you can delete it by selecting the little checkbox to the left. This will turn on the Delete button. That's it. 

Let me know if you have any issues. You likely will receive an email notification from SAPConcurCommunity that I replied to your post, do not reply to that email. Come back to this thread and use the Reply button if you need further help. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

Solution
rlwright57

Hi Kevin:

Thanks so much. That worked perfectly the first time. Very well done. Your expertise is much appreciated!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rlwright57 this just in...I can help you. Sorry, I couldn't resist when you said you work for ABC News. Anyway, in all seriousness...all you need to do is delete that item from off your report. Because you used SAP Concur for your hotel reservation, the system creates an itinerary item which would match to a corporate credit card transaction had you used a corporate card. It's a rule your company has to have an itinerary item match to a corporate card transaction.

Anyway, after you delete the item, go back into your expense report and create a new expense manually for the hotel. You should see a an option for either New Expense or you might see a blue Add button, depending on which user interface your company is currently using. 

Once you finish with the expense, you can then click Expense at the top of your screen. This will take you to the Manage Expenses screen. If you scroll down a little bit you will see a section labeled Available Expenses. You will see that hotel itinerary item sitting there. From here, you can delete it by selecting the little checkbox to the left. This will turn on the Delete button. That's it. 

Let me know if you have any issues. You likely will receive an email notification from SAPConcurCommunity that I replied to your post, do not reply to that email. Come back to this thread and use the Reply button if you need further help. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
rlwright57

Hi Kevin:

Thanks so much. That worked perfectly the first time. Very well done. Your expertise is much appreciated!