cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ludovico
Occasional Member - Level 1

Two Factor Authentication

Hello,

we have different admin accounts that are managed by different who log in at the same time with username and password, I have a question about the new 2FA will take effect on october 18th. Should we create multiple single account for each person  using the same account now?

1 Solution
Solution
leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@ludovico Thanks for the follow up post. If you navigate to Groups in the ribbon at the top, you will see the Admin Group in the drop down. You will then need to request to join the group. 

leedau_0-1697024615230.png

I hope this helps. 

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ludovico you can create these new accounts at any time. There isn't a requirement to create them now, but I would recommend either now or shortly after October 18.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ludovico

Hi Kevin,

thank you for your reply, I know I can create them at any time but there is way so that two different users can log in at the same account after  2FA activation?

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@ludovico Unfortunately there will not be a way for 2 people to log into one account when 2FA is activated.  

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
CentralPainting
New Member - Level 1

We don't have multiple doing the approvals and that for Concur. It is one person each time and we need to have the option of 2FA being removeable. This is rediculous if a company has one person who submits and approves Visa entries. I could understand having it for accounting purposes if Concur was used to make purchases, but if someone wants to hack in to upload receipts for us, then all to them. We have 1 admin and 2 payables for the 2 companies we have and we need to be able to log into multiple accounts as the same person who submits also approves, but your system won't let the same person who submitted to approve. 

Really disappointed with how the 2FA for Concur has been handled with no work around for smaller companies who don't have the ability to have multiple people doing something.

@CentralPainting it isn't about getting hacked so someone would upload receipts. It is about getting hacked to access people's information that is stored within the site.

Our system has always been set up to not allow someone to approve their own reports. This help prevent fraud and other frowned upon practices.

If you have one person signing in to multiple accounts, there isn't an issue if that person sets up 2FA for each account. If you have multiple people signing into the same account, then that is a little more tricky.

Send me a private message if you have multiple people sharing the same account. I won't explain here, but I'll do it in a private message.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
mdunavant

Where can i find more information on what to expect and admin steps I need to take for the upcoming 2 factor authentication release?  Thank you in advance.

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@mdunavant Are you a part of the Admin Group in the Community?  If so, there is an article called Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) - Important to Know, by @KevinD .  This has a lot of great info for you! If you are not a part of that group and you are an Admin for SAP Concur, you can request to join that group. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
ludovico

@MelanieT Hi Melanie, where I can request to join in the Admin group?

Solution
leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@ludovico Thanks for the follow up post. If you navigate to Groups in the ribbon at the top, you will see the Admin Group in the drop down. You will then need to request to join the group. 

leedau_0-1697024615230.png

I hope this helps. 

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
LindaB1

I am an ADMIN. I tried to join ADMIN group, but not sure it approved me. (I got an email to confirm, but it still tells me it's a closed group)??
Can someone please assist/advise?

LindaB1_0-1697039856927.png