cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgriffin
Occasional Member - Level 3

User reporting

Approvers with our Expense version of Concur can not pull reporting or review historical expense's for their direct reports.   I think there is a feature I need to turn on to allow approvers to see this info.   I have mentioned this to support before and they told me they need to be set up as an admin.  I think that is incorrect and certainly do not want to set anyone up with Admin features.  

How does your approvers research historical expenses for their employees that directly report to them?  

3 Solutions
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@bgriffin Hello!  

MelanieT_0-1706221425732.png

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

Solution
bgriffin

@KevinD Kevin,  I would love to provide reporting through the BI manager or intelligence reporting area.  I have added that to our program however have difficulty utilizing it myself.  I have turned off their reporting feature.  I was told only an Admin would have access to the intelligence or BI reporting area anyway.  Is that incorrect?

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bgriffin any user can be given Intelligence permissions. Any person with the Expense Approver checkbox selected on their user profile can access Intelligence as a BI-Manager.

Manager's should be able to see data for their employees all in one place, that is why we have the BI Manager option. That way they do not need to rely on an admin to run the report for them.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@bgriffin Hello!  

MelanieT_0-1706221425732.png

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bgriffin in addition to what @MelanieT wrote, have one of your approvers sign in to SAP Concur and click the arrow next Home. See if there is an option that says either Analysis or Intelligence. They actually should see BI Manager - Analysis or BI Manager - Intelligence.

Have an approver give that a try and let me know what they see.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Solution
bgriffin

@KevinD Kevin,  I would love to provide reporting through the BI manager or intelligence reporting area.  I have added that to our program however have difficulty utilizing it myself.  I have turned off their reporting feature.  I was told only an Admin would have access to the intelligence or BI reporting area anyway.  Is that incorrect?

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bgriffin any user can be given Intelligence permissions. Any person with the Expense Approver checkbox selected on their user profile can access Intelligence as a BI-Manager.

Manager's should be able to see data for their employees all in one place, that is why we have the BI Manager option. That way they do not need to rely on an admin to run the report for them.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
bgriffin

Excelelnt news.  I'm going to the settings now and see what I can setup for them.  Thank you!

bgriffin

@MelanieT   Melanie-  Thank you for your suggestion.  It took a bit of time for my user to provide feedback on the change.  It worked perfectly.  One other caviate, I also added them as delegates for the employees that report to them.  This also opened up another viewing opportunity for them.  

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@bgriffin That is great news!  You are very welcome.  Have a super day!

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen