cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dmathis
Occasional Member - Level 1

Pending transactions combining with Corporate charges

My company only uses expense for corporate charges. There are no reimbursements. If people use expenseit to create an expense from a receipt picture, the system creates the pending transaction as intended. However, when the corporate charge hits their account, it doesn't automatically combine the charges for most people. There are some users that it does, but most people have to either combine the two expenses, or delete the pending charges (most people use their mobile device and you can't combine those expenses from the app). 

Is there a setting i'm missing? Something i can turn on that says if it is an identical charge, it will combine the expenses for the user? I don't know why it works for a couple of people, but for the majority it does not. 

8 REPLIES 8
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Dmathis Hello!  Quick question...do you put your Pending Transactions on an Expense Report while you are waiting for the CC transaction to come in?  If so, that might be the issue as to why it's not automatically combining.  

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Dmathis

I assumed the charges were already in the report, but maybe you are right. Maybe it's in available expenses when the charge comes in. Thank you, I will test that. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dmathis let us know the results of your testing. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Dmathis

I may have misread what you meant. I am still waiting for a charge to come in to test. But for clarification, are you saying that the pending transaction will not match automatically if it is in the expense report? And that it needs to be in available expenses. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dmathis I speak Melanie, so I can safely say that is what she is saying. 🙂

Best way for a match to occur, is by leave pending items in Available Expenses and not add them to a report right away. If a pending item is on a report and the card charge comes in, it won't match automatically. The caveat to that is if you have Expense Assistant turned on as this will automatically add your company card charges to an existing report.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
lwynn

From my experience that can be the case. The other problem is if they put the wrong amount by accident when uploading the receipt, it will not match. However, the issue is easily resolved by importing the transaction to the report with the original receipt and check both transactions and combine the expenses. 

Dmathis

When I do get time to work in Concur, I try to combine the expenses for them if they can't figure it out. I was just wanting it to work automatically. We have people in the field that don't have access to computers and are using the application via phone, in which case they can't combine expenses. 

lwynn

Yeah I get it the phone app is not as user friendly when it comes to these types of scenarios.