cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tamara333
Occasional Member - Level 1

Pending Card Transaction

I am unable to submit an expense (airfare) because it is listed as "Pending Card Transaction."

Two error messages show for this:

• "This expense cannot be submitted until it is matched to an imported card transaction. If this was not paid for via card, you may edit the payment type of the expense to reflect the actual payment method."
  • "Action: Only Corporate Card Expense transactions may be on a T&E report. Please remove any non-Corporate Card transactions and add them to the correct report type."

I do not see the airfare transaction listed in my "card transactions" list in Concur.

How do I fix this issue?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tamara333 in looking at the expense entry in question, the date is back from August. I looked at the only other report you had submitted, and the airfare was not listed there. I recommend checking your company card statement to see if the airfare charge appeared there back in August.

The only other thing I can think of is that your airfare may have been purchased on what we call a Ghost Card. I looked in your company's site and it appears there Ghost Cards listed. What I would recommend is calling your travel agency. Also, if you sign in to SAP Concur and look in the Company Notes section, there is an email address listed you can contact.

If I had to guess, the airfare was purchased on a Ghost Card. If that is the case, you can delete the expense report completely. This will put the Pending Item back in your Available Expenses list. From there, you should be able to delete the item.

Let us know what you find out.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Tamara333 Thank you for reaching out to the Community!  Do you have a Corporate Card assigned in your profile?  If so, when did you make the purchase of the airfare? 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tamara333 in looking at the expense entry in question, the date is back from August. I looked at the only other report you had submitted, and the airfare was not listed there. I recommend checking your company card statement to see if the airfare charge appeared there back in August.

The only other thing I can think of is that your airfare may have been purchased on what we call a Ghost Card. I looked in your company's site and it appears there Ghost Cards listed. What I would recommend is calling your travel agency. Also, if you sign in to SAP Concur and look in the Company Notes section, there is an email address listed you can contact.

If I had to guess, the airfare was purchased on a Ghost Card. If that is the case, you can delete the expense report completely. This will put the Pending Item back in your Available Expenses list. From there, you should be able to delete the item.

Let us know what you find out.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Tamara333
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thank you, Kevin, I was able to confirm that this was not charged to my company card back in August, so it appears to have been purchased with the ghost card. I was able to delete the expense report and the item from my list of available expenses. Thank you!