cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ssiaitu
Occasional Member - Level 1

Options for Expense Delegates

I was recently out of the office and my supervisor asked me if there was any way to set him as an expense delegate where he can go in and redirect reports that are currently sitting in my queue awaiting my approval.  I currently have him set as an expense delegate and I have everything checked off except for the email notifications, so I assume if he isn't able to access my queue to redirect reports now, it's not an option that's available but I figured I should ask that question to be sure. 

So the question is: Can someone you've set as an expense delegate, access your EOL to engage on reports that are currently in your queue awaiting your approval or redirect the reports to their own queue so that they can approve them?  I do know delegates can access my EOL to create reports on my behalf, or see reports that I have personally created for myself and reports that I've approved for others in the past.   The whole point of the question is so that people don't have to wait for me to approve if I'm out of office. 

Thanks in advance; I appreciate it!

2 Solutions
Solution
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

Dear Ssiaitu,

if you set up your supervisor as delegate approver, which you could have done it for specific dates (from / to) or for indefinitive time. On your supervisor concur tool he will have access to approve expenses as Delegate, so yes to your question.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari

View solution in original post

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ssiaitu Since you mentioned that when you set up your supervisor as your delegate you had everything checked off, that leads me to believe one of two things;

1. Your Supervisor doesn't have approval authority on their profile. However, it is highly unlikely that you can approve reports but your supervisor cannot. It's possible, but again, unlikely. 

2. Your company has a delegate configuration for the Expense Group you belong to that does not allow you to setup an approving delegate. This is not very common, but can be done. It might have just been a mistake someone made when configuring the delegate configuration or it might be something your company did intentionally, however this seem very unlikely. 

When you set up a delegate you should see checkboxes that say Can Approve or Can Approve Temporarily. If you didn't see those, which it sounds like you didn't, then for now your supervisor cannot be added as your approving delegate. You will need to reach out to the person at your company who is the Concur site administrator to find out if this option can be turned on or why they are not allowing it. 

It also might be possible that the delegate configuration was setup in a way that only site administrators can add approving delegates. This would still require you to reach out internally to your site administrator. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

Dear Ssiaitu,

if you set up your supervisor as delegate approver, which you could have done it for specific dates (from / to) or for indefinitive time. On your supervisor concur tool he will have access to approve expenses as Delegate, so yes to your question.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ssiaitu Since you mentioned that when you set up your supervisor as your delegate you had everything checked off, that leads me to believe one of two things;

1. Your Supervisor doesn't have approval authority on their profile. However, it is highly unlikely that you can approve reports but your supervisor cannot. It's possible, but again, unlikely. 

2. Your company has a delegate configuration for the Expense Group you belong to that does not allow you to setup an approving delegate. This is not very common, but can be done. It might have just been a mistake someone made when configuring the delegate configuration or it might be something your company did intentionally, however this seem very unlikely. 

When you set up a delegate you should see checkboxes that say Can Approve or Can Approve Temporarily. If you didn't see those, which it sounds like you didn't, then for now your supervisor cannot be added as your approving delegate. You will need to reach out to the person at your company who is the Concur site administrator to find out if this option can be turned on or why they are not allowing it. 

It also might be possible that the delegate configuration was setup in a way that only site administrators can add approving delegates. This would still require you to reach out internally to your site administrator. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Ssiaitu
Occasional Member - Level 1

Thank you for getting back to me Kevin.  Just to be clear, as long as I have the "Can Approve" option checked off for expense delegates, my supervisor can log in and switch to my account to act on my behalf and approve reports that others have sent to me to approve?  I don know for a fact that he has approval authority in EOL as he is typically the final approver on reports,  I just don't think that I had that box checked off before but it is now. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ssiaitu Yes, that is all you need to have checked to allow someone to approve for you. If after you search for someone's name, you do not see "Can Approve" that means the person is not designated with the approver permission.

Sounds like you are all set. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey