cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JulieL
Occasional Member - Level 3

Mileage calculator - is there a way to force user to use? for standard edition

Despite, asking  users to use the mileage calculator to claim mileage, i am realizing that some still don't. Its not obvious for the processor to notice it. So i am wondering if there is a way to force the user to use the mileage calculator?

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JulieL Absolutely you can. There is a configuration option to require the Mileage Calculator. You will need to navigate to the Mileage setup screen (see first screenshot). Once there, take a look at the second screenshot I provided below. You'll see a red arrow pointing at the word Yes. When you click Yes, it will give you a little drop down list where you can choose Required. You can do this for all the car configurations you have set up. 

KevinD_0-1626706998590.png

KevinD_1-1626707087695.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JulieL Absolutely you can. There is a configuration option to require the Mileage Calculator. You will need to navigate to the Mileage setup screen (see first screenshot). Once there, take a look at the second screenshot I provided below. You'll see a red arrow pointing at the word Yes. When you click Yes, it will give you a little drop down list where you can choose Required. You can do this for all the car configurations you have set up. 

KevinD_0-1626706998590.png

KevinD_1-1626707087695.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JulieL

Oh boy, you just made my day, I was expecting that it might be a feature only available in the professional vers. Just turned it on. 

Thanks Kevin

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JulieL I think I should Mic drop and call it a day. :-). Glad I could help. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
tknight84

We are looking into giving our users the option of using Concur Drive or the mileage calculator. Will setting the Allow Maps Integration to Required stop a report from being submitted if the user used Drive and not the calculator?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tknight84 I looked this up and our knowledge base article says requiring the mileage calculator does not conflict with Concur Drive.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey