cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjw2998
Occasional Member - Level 2

SAP Concur and Edge Compatibility Inquiry

Hi,Team

I'm an employee of KR Deloitte's department.

This is an inquiry about the android version of SAP concur app

I would like to ask SAP concur team about compatibility between SAP concur and edge.

If Android users set the Edge app as the default browser, SSO(Single sign-On) login in SAP Concur will not proceed normally.

Chrome is SSO login normally and edge is not progressed during SSO login stage.

1.SSO login Screen

jjw2998_0-1694050685133.png

1. 2. SSO screen after login

jjw2998_1-1694050685137.png

I would appreciate it if you could tell me the cause and solution of this problem.

jjw2998_2-1694050685155.png

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hi @jjw2998 

Perhaps the below document provides you with the information that you are looking for.

https://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/Docs/Z_SuppConfig/Supported_Configurations_for_Co...

Just curious why the users are using the edge browser instead of the Concur app on their android mobile devices. Is there an external callout that does not work with the Concur app?

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen,

Rohan Patil
SAP Concur Community enthusiast
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jjw2998

Hi,rohanpatil

I hope that you are well.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I used the SAP concur app I received from the play store.

SAP concur app requires 1 browser due to initial login.

Thank you

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@jjw2998 Thank you for your post. I have a clarifying question - are you logging into Concur using a browser on your Android device? It is recommended to download the Concur Mobile app from the Google Apps store or from where you company allow you to access approved apps. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
jjw2998

Hi,leedau

I used the SAP concur app I received from the play store.

Thank you

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jjw2998 out of curiosity, if they are using Android devices, wouldn't the default browser be Chrome unless changed by the user?

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
jjw2998

Hi,KevinD

@KevinD 

thank you for reply

We used the company portal application to create a separate company area on our phone.

SAP concurs run in the corporate realm.

Therefore, the default browser is installed as an edge in the corporate area, and Chrome is not installed.

Thank you

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jjw2998 okay, I didn't think of that. Can Chrome be installed on the corporate area?

Thank you,
Kevin
jjw2998

@KevinD 

Hi,KevinD

Chrome can be installed.

However, even if Chrome is installed, it does not work normally if Edge is set to the default browser.

Therefore, I wanted APP to work normally on Edge and Chrome to avoid user hassle.

Thank you

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jjw2998 I'll post this issue to our mobile support team and see what they say as Edge should work, but I'll need that team to confirm and/or offer a solution.

Thank you,
Kevin
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@jjw2998 I agree with the previous two posts. I also wanted to add that I confirmed with the Mobile team that Edge will not work. You must use Google Chrome.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments.  To tag me on your response, you click the  Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to. 

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
jjw2998

@MelanieT 

Currently, there are many Android users who use edge in our company.

Can I ask you two more questions?

1. Is there a way to log in using Edge in SAP Concur?
2. Can I contact the SAP concur app team?

I inquired about this issue through sap.concur.androidmobilefeedback@sap.com , but I did not receive an answer.

Thank you

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@jjw2998  You can definitely use Edge to access SAP Concur on your laptop/computer.  It just does not work on the Mobile App.  You will want to reach out to your Authorized Support Contact for them to create a case on your behalf that can go to the Mobile team.  I will send you a private message with your ASC info, as soon as I can find it!  

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen