cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knegron
Occasional Member - Level 1

MFA Code Not Accepted

Hello,

I'm running into an issue with MFA. I have set this up correctly by scanning the QR code using the MS Authenticator app.

I am getting a 6-digit code... However, when prompted for this code at logon, it is not accepted. I get an error "The authentication code you entered is not correct. Please try again"

Troubleshooting so far:

- Verified phone time settings are synchronized

- Verified that the code had not expired

- Tried deleting the account from MS authenticator and attempted to set this up using a different authenticator app (DUO)

None of the above have worked for me and I am out of ideas. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
lizweide
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi! I had an issue logging in this morning and was getting the same error. I noticed that the Microsoft Authenticator app on my phone needed to be updated. I updated it, restarted my phone, deleted the SAP Concur account from the Microsoft Authenticator app, then went through the steps to Reset 2FA. A few other employees had the same issue, and so far, 1 has responded that those steps resolved their issue too. Since Concur has not communicated anything helpful, it's worth a try! Maybe check to see if the app needs updated, and if so, update that and see if it'll work. If not, try the rest of the steps. I hope it works for you! And I hope this doesn't keep happening. What a mess!

knegron

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately did not work for me 😞

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

The article I shared with troubleshooting tips has been updated with two additional scenarios that could cause the issue. 

Also, you said tried two Authenticator apps. Was the other Google?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
dawnb
Occasional Member - Level 2

I am having the same issue, it works with authenticator apps on mobile devices, but not if we try to utilize the web browser authenticator.  We've tried A LOT of different authenticator extensions, in edge and in chrome, nothing will work.  we have a lot of staff without mobile phones so they are unable to login.  This is a nightmare.

knegron

Unfortunately not working with mobile authenticators in my case. I have tried two different ones.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello all...this article provides four scenarios that cause the error and troubleshooting options.

https://community.concur.com/t5/Support-and-FAQs/How-Do-I-Troubleshoot-the-2FA-Error-quot-The-Authen...

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
knegron

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for sharing. As per my original post, I have already attempted the troubleshooting steps laid down in this article. I can confirm none of the above are the issue.

I did attempt to reset my MFA just in case Scenario 4 was causing the issue, but still running into the same error. I can confirm we are not using the manual key as an authentication code...

Any other suggestions?