cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteinerNC
Occasional Member - Level 1

Employee Import Form - Deleting Info

I am using the Employee Import Form to edit a large amount of employees.  We have one company that uses a custom field, but no longer needs the information.  How do I delete only that information for those employees while I do the mass update?

6 REPLIES 6
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SteinerNC I believe you would just delete whatever is in that field on the template, save, then re-import the template.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
leela2516
Super User
Super User

@KevinD / @SteinerNC  - I am trying to do something similar with duplicated middle names, however, no matter what I have tried to remove the data, it does not work. I have tried the following - nothing in the field, NULL, BLANK, "" - in the case of nothing in the field, the middle name remains as it is defined. As for NULL, BLANK, and "", the middle name updates with these words/symbols. I cannot find any documentation on how to null out data in a field. I also posted about this yesterday. Hoping to come up with a solution rather than having to modify each one individually and manually. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@leela2516 I'm asking around internally about this. From what I read it made it sound like you can just delete the data on the import file and then re-import. I'll post here when I find out more info.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

Hello @leela2516  & @KevinD 

I found this article in Contact Support Website: CTE Customer Portal (salesforce-sites.com)

cjmarimo_0-1717514818966.png

BR,

cj

Thanks @cjmarimo  - Unfortunately, it did not work using the User Import functionality. We would have to make a code change to try to send it in our interface. Here is what I got when using the import process through User Administration: 

leela2516_0-1717515685193.png

Hello @leela2516. Ups!!! OK