cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alviseangelini
Occasional Member - Level 1

Company label in mobile app

Hi all,

we need to change the company label appearing under the employee name in Concur mobile app:

Is there a way that the description can be customized?

Thanks a lot

Alvise

10 REPLIES 10
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@alviseangelini has this been resolved? If not, I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to. Can you please provide a screenshot for me? Thank you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
alviseangelini

Hi Kevin,

thank you for your feedback.

We are still having the issue, we would like to customize the name of the company appearing in the information section of the mobile app

You can refer to the screenshot below:

alviseangelini_0-1617878559539.png

Thanks,

Alvise

@alviseangelini here is what I found out:

In order to do a Company Name Change or update  your Shipping Address, you will need to reach out to your Account Manager (AM)/Client Success Manager (CSM) and provide them with the below information: 

Company Name Change:
To change your company's legal name, please be prepared to provide the following information to your CSM:

You will need to provide a signed and dated notice on company letterhead stating the following:
  • The existing name and the full legal name it is changing to
  • The current addresses for notices (shipping) and invoicing (billing)
  • Explanation of the change, such as re-branding, merger, acquisition, etc.
  • A copy of the registration documents(s) from the Secretary of State or appropriate government authority under which the business is registered

Keep in mind that you cannot have one name display in the mobile app and a different display name in the desktop version. 

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
alviseangelini

Hi Kevin,

thank you for these further information.

So there is no possibile way to manage it via customizing?

We have employees coming from different companies but we have a single legal name on the contract and we don't need to change it.

For us it will be ok to have the same name in mobile and desktop app.

It is very strange that this is something not linked to the employee information themselves or at least customizable in some way.

Thanks,

Alvise

@alviseangelini correct, you are not able to customize it yourself. The name shown on mobile and on the desktop is the name you provide to Concur. That name is stored in a database and is what is shown on the mobile app. We cannot store multiple names for one company in the database. Is the name users see causing an issue? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
alviseangelini

Thanks Kevin,

Yes, unfortunately this is causing issues as we are extending our contract to other companies so we don't want other company's employees to see the name of the one owning the contract as this could cause possibile problems (even legal) among them.

How can we proceed?

Thanks,

Alvise

@alviseangelini what do you mean you are extending your contract to other companies? Are you going to set up the employees of the other companies with profiles in your Concur site? If so, your only course of action is what I previously posted, but you'll have to make the company name something generic if it is going to cause issues. I'm not sure you want a generic company name as the name of record that we have in our database. 

I guess I'm confused as to what "extending our contract to other companies" means. I've never heard of anyone doing this before. If you could explain a bit, that would be great. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
alviseangelini

Hi Kevin,

we want to extend our contract and use it to deploy Concur usage in other companies of our group without signing a new contract.

What we were wondering is that the company description in the mobile app could come from the Master Data information of the employee or from a customized label to be able to manage the visbility of a coherent company name and not the one owning the contract.

As far as I understood the name can be modified but only if the one in the contract changes and moreover you will need also some authority documentation demonstrating the company name changed that can't be applied to a generic one.

Do you know if it will be possibile to change this behaviour in the future?

Thanks,

Alvise

@alviseangelini I can't say if this will be available in the future, but I can tell you that ever since the launch of our mobile app several years ago, it has been this way. In my personal opinion, I don't see it changing anytime soon. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
abhijit
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi,

The name in the employee section is the company name with whom Concur has a contract and not the employee's company.

I think you do not want to change the contracted company name, if you want then contact your Concur relationship manager.