cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmac
Occasional Member - Level 2

Another Upset Customer with poor 2FA rollout

This 2FA requirement on test accounts has thrown a wrench in our deployment.  Understanding that the improvement request was denied to adjust it, it doesn't change that were struggling to use Concur.  Have any of you spoke with your implementing team and the struggles they are experiencing?

Since it isnt going to be disabled for test users any time soon, can we at least look at alternative solutions?

1) Expand proxy ability - allow end to end testing (including approvals!) for proxied accounts.

2) PUSH 2FA capabilities - send the login to the email address to allow login via URL.  Or, send the 2FA code via email so I can use shared mailboxes or send to distribution lists.  If SSO is considered "secure", than the email box using SSO should be just as secure.

3) Sub Accounts - allow secondary accounts to be created under existing logins, similar to a proxy, but can only be accessed through the main account owner.

I understand the requirement from a security perspective but you need to find a solution for the testing accounts. 

Brendan

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bmac I'll respond to two of your statements. See my replies in red.

1) Expand proxy ability - allow end to end testing (including approvals!) for proxied accounts. I've been at SAP Concur for 15 years and the system has always been designed to not allow a person to approve their own report. In all honesty, I don't see this changing any time soon. Maybe submit an enhancement request that test user accounts are not bound by this.

2) PUSH 2FA capabilities - send the login to the email address to allow login via URL.  Or, send the 2FA code via email so I can use shared mailboxes or send to distribution lists.  If SSO is considered "secure", than the email box using SSO should be just as secure. This is currently being looked into and worked on.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@bmac Hello! Thanks for posting in the SAP Concur Community. I am sorry for your frustrations with this.  This would be something you could submit as an improvement request. To submit a new improvement request or vote on an existing improvement request, please visit the Customer Influence Website.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
bmac
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bmac I'll respond to two of your statements. See my replies in red.

1) Expand proxy ability - allow end to end testing (including approvals!) for proxied accounts. I've been at SAP Concur for 15 years and the system has always been designed to not allow a person to approve their own report. In all honesty, I don't see this changing any time soon. Maybe submit an enhancement request that test user accounts are not bound by this.

2) PUSH 2FA capabilities - send the login to the email address to allow login via URL.  Or, send the 2FA code via email so I can use shared mailboxes or send to distribution lists.  If SSO is considered "secure", than the email box using SSO should be just as secure. This is currently being looked into and worked on.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
bmac

That is wonderful to hear!  Thank you Kevin.  Anything that can help alleviate the administration burden on those accounts would be fantastic.  Cheers