cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lbm
Junior Member - Level 1

2FA questions

1) Are we now expected to install authenticator apps on our personal phones just to use your website now? What of us who cant even have cell phones where we work?  Is this reasonable?

2)  Do you have any other workarounds for this?  Are there PC authenticator apps you can recommend?  Or is it just use your phone or don't get in?

13 REPLIES 13
Vidya
Occasional Member - Level 2

We can even use the web based authenticators. These below links were provided in SAP 2FA Setup Guide for End Users

Chrome browser

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/authenticator/bhghoamapcdpbohphigoooaddinpkbai

Microsoft Edge browser:

https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/authenticator-2fa-client/ocglkepbibnalbgmbachknglp...

The video how to use it web based is here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x14KazisIAQ 

lbm
Junior Member - Level 1

Thanks, but being on govt equipment we cant even install them here as theyre not approved apps.  Its a long process but at least its something else.

lbm
Junior Member - Level 1

Untitled.jpg

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@lbm Unfortunately this is not something that can be bypassed.  You will want to reach out to your SAP Concur Admin about this or your IT as they will be able to assist in how your company is handling this for situations like yours. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
EReagan
New Member - Level 2

When did the requirement for the 2FA start? What date and why?

Amandalangton
Occasional Member - Level 3

If you are unhappy with aspects of 2FA there are 2 improvement requests already submitted about this. Please vote for them, Improvement Request Details - 3105652FA should NOT be mandatory for Test users or Test sites - Request ID: 310565, and 

Options to authenticator app or browser extension for 2FA - Request ID: 310567 (Improvement Request Details - Request #310567)

Amanda @ Carleton University
nicksanghvi

Let's not keep this improvement change for test users or test sites. Concur should add an opt out option temporarily and let companies decide OR introduce authentication via email, where six digit code is delivered and the user should use that code to access the system. Not everyone is tech savvy OR not everyone knows this term OR not everyone uses the smart phone in the world. 

deyyoung
Occasional Member - Level 1

I can't log into those Improvement Requests.  This 2FA implementation is deeply flawed.  Concur should look at how other systems deploy MFA and stop mandating 2FA each and every time a user logs in.  Not everyone has their phone on them all the time.

Paultf

Deeply flawed is an excellent description. I work for a travel management company and have thousands of travelers using Concur. We're getting a massive number of calls from travelers and travel admins requesting assistance.  The single option of using an authenticator app is too limiting as is requiring it with every login.  

There are several models and options in the market, including banking, brokerage, shopping sites, etc. that are more intuitive, universally adopted and user friendly that should be considered.

Freyr

Deeply flawed, I agree. I have sign-ins to other systems where I get authenticated through codes sent through text or email. Also, there's an option to "trust this device for xx number of days." What Concur did was overkill.

Freyr

I signed in to Concur, then signed in to Community. In order to vote, another sign-in? Glad this 2FA issue is opening my eyes to SAP's inefficiency.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Freyr I won't disagree about the multiple sign ins. We have asked about a single sign on option and not to bore you with all the details, it isn't as straightforward as it might sound. I'm speaking about this Community. I don't know about the Customer Adoption and Influence site and whether they have plans for SSO or not.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lbm there is an option to use a browser extension to get 2FA Set up.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager