cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rossana
Occasional Member - Level 1

Several crossed issues, both Travel and Expense

Hi, apologies for non-specific title, but I didn't feel like starting a discussion for each topic.

From what I understand, I'm using the old  UI. As an assistant, I work as a delegate.

Here the list of the issues I've encountered so far:

Travels:

1.  I have a choice of flights listed for booking, but when I click to confirm my choice and move forward, I get an error like

Rossana_0-1652344556558.png

and my understanding (by calling helpdesk) is that there is no available place on that flight anymore., so I don't really understand why it's choosable in the first place.

2.  Travel Arrangements won't update, only itinerary does, which is very inconvenient. If I change or add something in a trip I booked, Travel Arrangements won't reflect it.

3. I receiveTravel Arrangements by email twice

3. Sometimes trips costs upon booking are in a different currency than the one set in the profile

Expense:

1.  I often cannot expense a trip, even days after it's completed. I don't understand the criteria for being able to expense it or not. There used to be a link, in the Trip Library, under "Action", to "Expense trip" but I don't have it anymore.

2.  I often cannot import a trip itinerary into an expense report. I get "no itineraries available" despite having the booking/trip done a completed.

I'd really appreciate support for those situations.

Thank you, regards

Rossana

9 REPLIES 9
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rossana I'll try and reply as best I can. See my responses below in red. 

1.  I have a choice of flights listed for booking, but when I click to confirm my choice and move forward, I get an error like

KevinD_0-1652379448607.png

and my understanding (by calling helpdesk) is that there is no available place on that flight anymore., so I don't really understand why it's choosable in the first place. It is possible that while you were searching, someone purchased the seat. So, while it did come up as an option, by the time you tried to reserve it, it was gone. Also, there could be some lag time between the update from the airline into the GDS system that would reflect in SAP Concur.

2.  Travel Arrangements won't update, only itinerary does, which is very inconvenient. If I change or add something in a trip I booked, Travel Arrangements won't reflect it. Where are you seeing travel arrangements? Could you provide a screenshot, please?

3. I receiveTravel Arrangements by email twice

3. Sometimes trips costs upon booking are in a different currency than the one set in the profile Do you have an example of this you can provide by screenshot? I don't know how this could be happening. Is this for your own trips or other people? Maybe provide a screenshot of the trip costs then provide me the name of the employee in a private message so I can look at their profile.

Expense:

1.  I often cannot expense a trip, even days after it's completed. I don't understand the criteria for being able to expense it or not. There used to be a link, in the Trip Library, under "Action", to "Expense trip" but I don't have it anymore. Have you tried the My Trips area on the SAP Concur home screen below the Trip Search? Trips should be visible there and the option to Create an expense report  should be there. See screenshot. My option is grayed out due to the Request needing to be approved. 

2.  I often cannot import a trip itinerary into an expense report. I get "no itineraries available" despite having the booking/trip done a completed. Is your company using Travel Allowance? usually that is the only time you need to import an itinerary

KevinD_1-1652381314742.png

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Rossana

@KevinD apologies for late reply, forgot to check my email for answers. My replies below.

1.  I have a choice of flights listed for booking, but when I click to confirm my choice and move forward, I get an error like

KevinD_0-1652379448607.png

and my understanding (by calling helpdesk) is that there is no available place on that flight anymore., so I don't really understand why it's choosable in the first place. It is possible that while you were searching, someone purchased the seat. So, while it did come up as an option, by the time you tried to reserve it, it was gone. Also, there could be some lag time between the update from the airline into the GDS system that would reflect in SAP Concur.

2.  Travel Arrangements won't update, only itinerary does, which is very inconvenient. If I change or add something in a trip I booked, Travel Arrangements won't reflect it. Where are you seeing travel arrangements? Could you provide a screenshot, please?

it's a very weird request! When you make a booking through Concur, you receive 2 messages:

1. From Travel@concursolutions.com, with subject "Travel Itinerary". The mail body has "Trip Overview" (all the data related to the booking) and "Reservations" with a list of all bookings included in the trip, and attachments like hotel business card and calendar appointments (.ics files). This is the same Travel itinerary you see in Concur, and if you make a change (i.e. adding hotel booking) the change will be reflected there and you can then either print it or email it.
  2. From "itinerary@mytravelplanseu.com", with subject "CONFIRMED BOOKING - ITINERARY" with a pdf attachment with a heading like this:

Rossana_1-1656491729332.png

and this in the email body:
Rossana_2-1656492027384.png
and this is what will NOT be updated, if changes are made in the booking. 

3. I receiveTravel Arrangements by email twice => I should probably have said "double", but I see for this there is no explanation provided

4. Sometimes trips costs upon booking are in a different currency than the one set in the profile Do you have an example of this you can provide by screenshot? I don't know how this could be happening. Is this for your own trips or other people? Maybe provide a screenshot of the trip costs then provide me the name of the employee in a private message so I can look at their profileProfile is set in Ireland. Republic of Ireland (as a country) is part of the EU, and uses EUR as currency. Northern Ireland, as part of the UK, has GBP. In Concur they seem to be both set in GBP, so although the user has EUR as a currency set in both profile and credit card, invoices come in in GBP, with additional costs for currency exchange and subsequent fluctuation on the travels costs. I will send you the name in a PM.

Expense:

1.  I often cannot expense a trip, even days after it's completed. I don't understand the criteria for being able to expense it or not. There used to be a link, in the Trip Library, under "Action", to "Expense trip" but I don't have it anymore. Have you tried the My Trips area on the SAP Concur home screen below the Trip Search? Trips should be visible there and the option to Create an expense report  should be there. See screenshot. My option is grayed out due to the Request needing to be approved. 

2.  I often cannot import a trip itinerary into an expense report. I get "no itineraries available" despite having the booking/trip done a completed. Is your company using Travel Allowance? usually that is the only time you need to import an itinerary

Both solved, as they both are related to the "Itinerary" being linked to the flight charge on the credit card. If you book a trip a lot in advance (like, say, a month or so), and you want to expense the Airfare right away to avoid maxing out on the card limit, the itinerary will be linked to that report, and not available for the actual trip expenses (which I believe makes things more complicated, especially when you deal with fixed allowances).

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rossana I'm going to look at the currency issue here in a minute. As for these two questions:

2.  Travel Arrangements won't update, only itinerary does, which is very inconvenient. If I change or add something in a trip I booked, Travel Arrangements won't reflect it. Where are you seeing travel arrangements? Could you provide a screenshot, please?

it's a very weird request! When you make a booking through Concur, you receive 2 messages:

1. From Travel@concursolutions.com, with subject "Travel Itinerary". The mail body has "Trip Overview" (all the data related to the booking) and "Reservations" with a list of all bookings included in the trip, and attachments like hotel business card and calendar appointments (.ics files). This is the same Travel itinerary you see in Concur, and if you make a change (i.e. adding hotel booking) the change will be reflected there and you can then either print it or email it.
  2. From "itinerary@mytravelplanseu.com", with subject "CONFIRMED BOOKING - ITINERARY" with a pdf attachment with a heading like this:
KevinD_0-1656516731792.png

and this in the email body:
KevinD_1-1656516731611.png

and this is what will NOT be updated, if changes are made in the booking. This appears to be from AMEX travel and not from SAP Concur, so I would reach out to your travel agency about this. 

3. I receiveTravel Arrangements by email twice => I should probably have said "double", but I see for this there is no explanation provided Most likely you are getting a notification from SAP Concur and one from your Travel Agency. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
LeonChua

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue, when I click my trip library on the same specify trip,

I am not able to see my trip details

like below.

LeonChua_2-1662122936340.png

some trips are ok, can see the travel details & Reservations details.

LeonChua_1-1662122913773.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LeonChua so you were trying to view the details of your trip by clicking the Trip Name on your Upcoming Trips tab? Did this happen with just the one trip or did it happen with other trips as well?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
LeonChua

@KevinD 

Yes, just one trip shows this error, and another trip is ok ( able to see trip details ).

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LeonChua I suggest contacting your travel agency to make sure they have a record of this booking and to make sure there aren't any issues with it. You should be able to find your travel agency contact info in the Company Notes section of the SAP Concur home screen. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
LeonChua

@KevinD 

I received my Travel Receipt by email, I think the booking is confirmed.

Just that, I am not able to see the travel details or change my booking information like the hotel date. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LeonChua I would suggest calling the hotel directly to change the dates. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey