cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guevared
Occasional Member - Level 1

Change/verify Travel Approver

Where can I verify/change the travel approver for a user?  is the travel approver the same as the expense approver?

12 REPLIES 12
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@guevared Travel Approver and Expense Approver are not the same. On the user Profile, there should be a field for Travel Manager which you can use to change a user's travel approver.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
SueW
Occasional Member - Level 3

Kevin - is there also a field or a way to assign a delegate travel approver?

Sue Westphal
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SueW Yes you can do this. It is done by each individual that is a travel approver. It is the Travel Vacation Reassignment option. Users need to log into SAP Concur, go to Profile>Profile Settings. They will see the option under Other Settings on the left-hand side of the screen.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
SueW

We have the same question as above. We have changed the travel approver on the employee profile. But the requests are still routing to the wrong manager. Any other suggestions?

Sue Westphal
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SueW are you using the Concur Travel Request feature or are saying that when an employee books a trip, the trip approval is going to the wrong manager? I'm asking because we have Request which is a trip-preapproval and our customer can just require all trips that are booked get approved. So, I'm just trying to clarify how your company is setup and which features you are using. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SueW

Let me check with our travel team to determine this.

Sue Westphal
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SueW It doesn't look like you are using our Travel Request feature. Can you send me a private message with the name of the employee this is happening to, please? To send a private message, click on my username (KevinD), then view profile. You'll see the Message button. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
MaMa

Hello,

I've just booked a flight and it needs to be approved but my manager doesn't receive any notification concerning my own travel approving. Kindly could you advise on that? 

MaMa_1-1635415027870.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MaMa Hello there. I'm trying to find our SAP Concur profile, but it isn't coming up. I looked in your company's site, but could not find your profile using your first and last name and the email address you provided. Is there anything you can tell me that would help me find your profile?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
MaMa

Dear Kevin, 

kindly try with this email address: Marco.Macchiarola@spectris (from SPECTRIS GROUP)

Pls keep me updated

Thank you

Marco

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MaMa I had to have a colleague look up your profile. The reason your direct manager did not receive notification is because they are not listed as your Travel approver. The trip currently says Admin Approval required. Since I cannot get into your site, try logging into SAP Concur and looking in the Company Notes section of the home screen. Usually this section has contact information if you need assistance with Travel. If you don't see any information there, then speak with your direct manager. They might better know who can help get the trip approved.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
mburbank

My situation is a little different.  Our travel company that integrates with Concur granted me, as program admin, the ability to approve a trip that needs approval from a manager but the manager is unexpectedly away (such as a family death and is out of the country and had no time to complete a travel vacation reassignment).  However, the issue is ... I go to reporting then travel reports, then I click on trips needing approval.  I put in all trips and it pulls up the trip that need approval.  I see the one that I need to approve ... but ... I do not understand how to approve it.  The instructions I received stop right after the report shows the pending approval list.  What do I do to approve them?????