cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MC777
Occasional Member - Level 1

This expense cannot be submitted until it is matched to an imported card transaction.

Hello,

I've searched all through Concur and can't seem to resolve the following issue: This expense cannot be submitted until it is matched to an imported card transaction.

I have also search this forum with no luck. Is there a way to import card transactions?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
MSTEEN
Super User
Super User

MC777, 

Is the transaction labeled "Pending Card Transaction"?  Companies with a credit card feed might show the e-receipt/receipt as a Pending Card transaction.  This means the receipt is waiting for the receipt to match a card transaction.  Your company might block the pending card transaction to avoid paying double the amount spent. 

See the link below, this might help. 

https://community.concur.com/t5/Support-and-FAQs/Everything-You-Need-to-Know-About-Pending-Card-Tran...

Maria Steen
MC777
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hello,

So I guess my expenses are waiting for the corporate card to update? I see a charge on my card statement from last week but its not showing in Concur. I read you can manually match expanses but I do not see any match options on my UI.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MC777 you can manually match items sitting in your Available Expenses. If you see the charge on your statement, but you do not see it in your Available Expenses, give it another day or two to show up. If you don't see it after that, you will need to speak with the team at your company that handles company cards and let them know.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MC777 you can also use the search option on the home screen, which would have yielded this article: Everything You Need to Know About Pending Card Transactions.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Andras
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @MC777 . In addition to what @KevinD and @MSTEEN said.

Error is triggered because Pending Card Transaction Payment type was selected and the card transaction hasn't been attached yet.

To resolve this error:

• Under Available Expenses, check if the card transaction is showing and move it to the report by following the steps in this video.
  • If you can't find the transaction, check if the corresponding card transaction has already been submitted on another report:
    1. Go to Expense > View Transactions
    2. Under Card Activity, select appropriate card
    3. Under Time Period, select Month
    4. Select appropriate month
    5. Look for the transaction to see if it has already been submitted 

Note: If the transaction was found from a submitted report, the receipt is duplicate and can be deleted.

If the transaction cannot be found with the steps above:

1. Create a support case if the transaction was incurred more than 10 days in the past
  2. Wait couple more days if it has not passed 10 days

If the expense is created by using ExpenseIt

When a receipt is read by OCR, such as Expenseit, the system may determine that it matches the user's card account and the payment type will be a pending card transaction.
See also: What factors can impact ExpenseIT accuracy?

If this is the case and no card transactions are scheduled to be captured for the relevant transaction, please try deleting the entry, reshooting the receipt, and re-creating the entry.
If the same error message appears after re-creating the entry, please follow the steps below to create an expense entry without using the OCR function:

1. Login to SAP Concur mobile
  2. Open the mobile report screen
  3. Click + > Create New Expense in the upper right corner
  4. Click Attach Receipt Image
  5. Click on Take Photo to take a picture of the receipt image and enter the expense type and other necessary information.

If both Receipts and Credit Card Transaction are visible in two separate open Expense Reports on Manage Expenses, you may follow this steps to Match your Credit Card Transactions to your Current Expense Report.

1. Open one of the Expense Report where your transaction(s) is/are located
  2. Click the transaction on the Expense Entry you need to remove
  3. Click Delete Tab located on your expense entry point in between Move and Copy, doing this will allow your transaction(s) to move back to available expenses. 
  • Then on the Other Expense Report
  1. Open the Expense Report where you want to Match the Credit Card Transaction
  2. Click on Import Expenses
  3. Click or Check the Box on the Desired Expense Entry
  4. Click on the Transaction(s) you need to match located on the Import Expenses tab
  5. Click Match

For additional support contact SAP Concur User Support Desk.

Hope this helps 😎

Best wishes,

Andras Lukanecz
SAP Concur