cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TSA PreCheck Policy

I would be interested in hearing what other companies are doing as it relates to reimbursing team members for TSA PreCheck and Clear.  TSA PreCheck is not that much over the course of time but Clear is a bit more expensive and charged yearly.

Do you reimburse for these types of expenses?  Are they approved for some of your employees?

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Jhuelsman
Occasional Member - Level 1

We do not reimburse for either typically.  We have made an exception here or there for a few heavy travelers but very infrequently. 

PamSciarra
Routine Member - Level 1

We reimburse for PreCheck, Global Entry and CLEAR with certain provisions.  The employee must be a frequent traveler (i.e. must fly on a certain number of trips per year - we've stated that number in our policy) AND be a certain level of employee or higher (i.e. manager and above).  For CLEAR, we also add the stipulation that they must be flying through airports (a certain number of times a year) that provide the CLEAR program (since not all airports provide this.)

Rachel
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi Pam,

Can you share the number of trips you require travelers to take in order for Precheck to be reimbursed? 3, 5, 10, more?

Thanks,
Rachel

Arntzie
Routine Member - Level 2

Can you share the number of trips required before reimbursement can be claimed?

csimon
Occasional Member - Level 3

We do not reimburse employees for any of these expenses.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Our company does not reimburse for either expense.

mt7602
Occasional Member - Level 3

TSA PreCheck is approved for frequent travelers only.  Instead of Clear, we use Global Entry only for International travelers.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

We decided to implement a policy where a team member can get reimbursed for TSA PreCheck if they travel 15 trips a year and document VP approval within their group.  We will not be reimburing for Clear.

tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

We reimburse for TSAPre, Nexus or Global Entry. The cost is minimal compared to the time and aggravation saved.
Terri Moreno
Looking for new opportunities!
Anaren, Inc. - Travel Manager - Syracuse, NY
Lilia77

Does MFST still reimburse for TSAPre, Clear or Global Entry?  Thought I would reach out for an update. 

Thank you.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lilia77 that question is best answered by your direct manager since it is specific to your company and what they would or would not allow. This Community doesn't have access to our customers' expense reimbursement policies.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Lilia77

Thank you.  I appreciate the feedback.