cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GiusGD
Occasional Member - Level 1

REPORTING CURRENCY

Hello,

I have a question about the setting of Reporting Currency.

My user is setted with Italy as Country of Residence and Euro as Reimbursment Currency.

If i try to run on Cognos the transaction currency for different users  of different countries in a Column and the reporting  currency in the other column , i see different currency in the first one but in the reporting currency Column,  i see the USD currency and not Euro. 

Why don't i see Eur in the column of Reporting currency?

Thank you so much

G.

4 REPLIES 4
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GiusGD by default Reporting Currency is set to USD for all of our customers unless they otherwise specify. Reporting Currency means Cognos reporting, not expense reporting. I worked at SAP Concur for probably five or more years before I learned the difference. 🙂

It uses USD as reporting since a lot of countries use it as the standard for comparisons.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
GiusGD

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for your clarification.

Just a question, is possible for you, to extract in a report on Cognos, a column with different transaction (local) currency and another column with the same expenses but in EUR currency? 

As In this case for ex i need to calculate the same expenses also in Eur.

Screenshot_20220322-230853_Chrome.jpg

Do you have a solution to suggest?

Thx a lot 

G.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GiusGD In your example above, is ARS the assigned currency of the person who incurred the expense? 

I don't think it is possible to take expenses incurred by someone whose assigned reimbursement currency is ARS and then see those amounts in EUR. I've emailed my reporting experts to see if is possible.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
GiusGD

The answer  to your question (ARS as currency of the person) is Yes . In other case, there also other different currency (USD, PLN  etc), it dipend from each currency of each person.

Ok thank you very much Kevin, I attend your response. 

G.