cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrylgl
Occasional Member - Level 1

Personal expense on card. Have already paid, but how do I get rid of the expense on the report?

I accidently got charged  on my company card for a personal item.  I called and paid the amount, but the charge is still showing on my company report.  How do I enter the report as a personal expense and get rid of it on report?  Thanks.

1 Solution
Solution
darrylgl

That's kinda what I thought.  I did see the "personal" dropdown and it worked.  Thank you very much.  That was exactly what I needed to do.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @darrylgl 

in your case, if you had already paid the "personal" transaction to the company card, I would contact your Company's system administrator of Concur, showing proof of that payment, so he/she could hide that transaction appearing from the system. They can do that.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@darrylgl You can add the card charge to your expense report. When you are looking at the transaction details (all of the expense detail fields), you will see a little checkbox that says, "Personal Expense (do not reimburse). You will need to check that box for the expense. This checkbox tells the system and your company to not provide you any funds for that single expense because it was personal. That should do it for you. Since you already paid the credit card company, all you need to do is submit the expense on a report. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Solution
darrylgl

That's kinda what I thought.  I did see the "personal" dropdown and it worked.  Thank you very much.  That was exactly what I needed to do.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@darrylgl perfect. Glad it worked. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @darrylgl @KevinD 

I would like to be precise, as my answer took in consideration as you mentioned, you had already paid the Company credit card for the personal transaction. so now by just selecting "Personal Expense (do not reimburse)" on a transaction you had already paid, on the system it would still show you owe your company that amount and depending how it is set up your expense system, but if on your expense report you have cash transaction it will be automatically deducting it from your total reimbursement. This is the reason why I still recommend to ask your system administrator to hide that transaction

OR if you need to clear also the accounting ledger with a plus and minus:

- Include in an expense report the personal transaction, select it as Personal to Not Reimburse;

- Add an extra line item expense with the same date, and amount using as receipt your proof of payment you did already to the company credit card.

If you do this, your balance will be zero, the accounting system will be cleared without showing you an owe due.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari

@Munari_alEXPert you do bring up a good point that it depends on how the card program is setup. In this case, I looked up @darrylgl's expense report and the company card program. His card is set up to apply offsets, however he only submitted this one expense on the report, so he should be all good. Had there been any out of pocket expenses, the amount owed for out of pocket expenses would have been reduced by the amount of th card charge marked as personal. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey

dear @KevinD 

there will be an unbalance in Concur and in the ERP accounting system since the payment done by the employee directly to the company credit card is not being registered anywhere on those systems. I have dealt with those situations various times in different companies, so I am convinced of what I explained best approach before.

In the next few weeks/months, while the company will be doing reporting and GL accounting reconciliation it will show it as an owe amount due from the employee. It will be eventually fixed, manually, by the accounting department with a manual journal ledger. 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari