cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amcquade
Occasional Member - Level 1

Personal Car Mileage (rounding up/down)

Is there any way to stop the Personal Car Mileage from rounding up or down? For example, the mileage is 14.8 roundtrip on the map, when it moves it forward the system changes it to 15 miles. Is this standard and acceptable in the industry? 

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amcquade the rounding cannot be changed and I believe this is standard and acceptable in the industry. The Distance field can only accept whole numbers. 

Just to illustrate why this happens: If you traveled 14.8 miles and your company reimburses, let's say 56 cents a mile. When you multiply .56 by 14.8 you would get 8.288. So, your reimbursement would be 8 dollars and 28.8 cents. So, there has to be some rounding done. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amcquade the rounding cannot be changed and I believe this is standard and acceptable in the industry. The Distance field can only accept whole numbers. 

Just to illustrate why this happens: If you traveled 14.8 miles and your company reimburses, let's say 56 cents a mile. When you multiply .56 by 14.8 you would get 8.288. So, your reimbursement would be 8 dollars and 28.8 cents. So, there has to be some rounding done. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
amcquade
Occasional Member - Level 1

Good point! I guess you are rounding up or down somewhere, I guess for us it was on the payment end. Thanks so much!!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amcquade happy to help. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey