cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sand_2021
Occasional Member - Level 2

Intercompany Transactions posting with default profit center in concur

When an intercompany transaction is posted the entire Liability amount is posted to Company A with default profit center instead of posting between company A and B with correct profit center based on expense account cost center.

Please advise on how to correct this issue. 

9 REPLIES 9
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @Sand_2021 

As far as I am aware, you can only cross charge cost centre or department within the same entity organization and not between entities in Concur. This is done manually then from the accounting team. 

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sand_2021 I agree with @Munari_alEXPert this sounds like an Allocation issue. When an employee creates an expense, most of our customers have the system configured to automatically apply the user's assigned Department, Cost Center, Profit Center, etc. to the expense. If a portion of the expense needs to be charged to a different entity within the company, then the user should allocate the expense. They can allocate by percentage or by amount. 

Let me know if you have any other questions or need any clarification. I'd be happy to help. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Sand_2021

Thank you for your quick response.

Regarding response 2 " If a portion of the expense needs to be charged to a different entity within the company 

then user should allocate the expense. They can allocate by percentage or by amount."

Our users are already doing it and our issue is, during posting, system is not using profit center associated with allocated cost center? Please advise

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sand_2021 is there anyway you can provide a specific example? Maybe some screenshots of an expense that is allocated and then what you are seeing in the posting? It will be quite difficult to provide assistance without seeing exactly what the issue is. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Sand_2021

Hi Kevin,

Please see below detail explanation and screen shots :

Dennis Key    belong to company 3020 and there are 5 expenses in his report. Here is how its allocated:

Three expenses are allocated to company 3020.

Two expenses are allocated to company 3040

Our issue is:

Currently all the liability amount of $ 640.87 is posting to company 3020 with default profit center.

Expected Entries:

$383.80 in company 3020

Liability account should be posted with amount $383.80 in company 3020 to associated profit center based on cost center

$132.07 in company 3040 

$125.00 in company 3040

Liability account should be posted with two entries in company 3040 because cost centers are different and should be posted to two different profit centers.

Three expenses are allocated to company 3020

Sand_2021_0-1621439909884.pngSand_2021_1-1621439923118.pngSand_2021_2-1621439935999.png

Two expenses are allocated to company 3040

Sand_2021_3-1621439954437.pngSand_2021_4-1621439963611.png

Thanks,

Sandy

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sand_2021 Thank you for the details. It was very helpful. I'll need to post this issue internally to see if I can get some help on this. 

Have you tried reaching out to the Concur person who worked on your implementation? I don't know how long you have been using Concur, but this person may be able to help as well. If you have been using Concur for a while now, you would need to reach out to your Client Success Manager. 

I'll post the issue and see if I can get a response. I'll let you know if I hear anything. If not, then the next step would be to ask your Client Success Manager. 

Stay tuned!

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Sand_2021

Hi Kevin,

We have been using concur system for almost a year now.  We will try to reach out Client Success Manager.  Meanwhile please let me know if you hear anything internally .

Thanks,

Sandy 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sand_2021 Will do.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sand_2021 I did get a reply internally about allocations not showing properly on the extract. The response I received was that this is not an issue with the extract itself. The person that replied to me made it sound like either a copy down feature isn't working properly or the expense wasn't allocated. I assured the responder that the expenses were allocated, but I haven't heard back. My next suggestion would have been to submit a Support ticket, which you have already done. 

When you hear back from Support, would you mind posting what the issue and resolution are? This could be helpful for other Community members. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey