cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbrown3513
Occasional Member - Level 3

Import Travel Itineraries into Expense - Best Practices?

We recently turned on the ability to import Travel Itineraries from Concur Travel to Concur Expense.  However, our staff have been confused about seeing 'reservations' under Available Expenses when their corporate credit cards have not been charged yet. I would assume it is pretty common for a reservation to be made, but the vendor waits to charge the credit card until closer to the trip start date.  How have your companies handled this? Do you have training resources explaining what a 'reservation' type expense is? I have been searching Concur resources and have only come across one video related to Travel and Expense (https://microlearning.opensap.com/media/1_zfjdra1t) and it doesn't go into detail about the expense type.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
rohanpatil
Super User
Super User

Hello @sbrown3513 

E-receipts and travel itineraries often cause confusion as they are sometimes mistaken for card transactions. This can be particularly challenging without a robust training program, regular user support, or a navigation tool like WalkMe.

To address this, consider implementing an audit rule for expenses that have e-receipts or itineraries attached, have payment type as cash and do not have a comment. Additionally, I assume that at least high value expenses are going for an Audit. This can help prevent users from mistakenly claiming these as cash expenses or reporting duplicate transactions, which can lead to potential fraud.

While we ultimately decided to turn off this integration due to the challenges, your organization might benefit from it with the right support and training in place.

I hope this helps!

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen,

Rohan Patil
SAP Concur Community enthusiast
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
sbrown3513

Very helpful, thank you!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sbrown3513 many of our customers activate the Pending Card Transaction payment type and then create an audit rule that doesn't allow travel itinerary items to be submitted until they are matched to a company card charge.

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
sbrown3513

Thank you, Kevin.  Do you have a screenshot example of what fields would be needed in an audit rule to identify the travel itineraries that are not matched to a company card charge?