cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackFan
Routine Member - Level 1

How to enforce alcohol policy in Concur?

Hi, 

My company has a alcohol policy as follows: 

• Company reimbursement on alcohol with a business meal is limited to 2 drinks per person and a maximum of $25.00 (US or CAD)
  • Exceptions to this policy require preapproval via email from the employee’s BU or Corporate VP

What are my options to enforce this policy in Concur? Audit rules? Thanks. 

1 Solution
Solution
abhijit
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Jack,

Please find below my reply :

• Company reimbursement on alcohol with a business meal is limited to 2 drinks per person and a maximum of $25.00 (US or CAD)  AK-You can create a hard stop audit rule Entry- Expense type-Average cost per attendee is greater than 25 $ and report has request equal to no.
  • Exceptions to this policy require preapproval via email from the employee’s BU or Corporate VPAK- You can use request segment type instead of email for prior approval and setup VP as an authorized approver for this condition.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
abhijit
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Jack,

Please find below my reply :

• Company reimbursement on alcohol with a business meal is limited to 2 drinks per person and a maximum of $25.00 (US or CAD)  AK-You can create a hard stop audit rule Entry- Expense type-Average cost per attendee is greater than 25 $ and report has request equal to no.
  • Exceptions to this policy require preapproval via email from the employee’s BU or Corporate VPAK- You can use request segment type instead of email for prior approval and setup VP as an authorized approver for this condition.

Hope it helps!

JackFan
Routine Member - Level 1

I thought about audit rules but not thought about request. That is a good idea. Thank you. 

Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @JackFan 

Generally drinks, so alchool comes together on the bill with meals items. To make an automatic audit rules in concur specific for "alchool cathegory" is not really possible, apart (but it would be to be  an excess of details) to have meals itemized like probably employees do for hotels, split in those cathegories e.g.  meal, drinks, tips... etc. It is not really best practise and ideally we should show some trust on employees. The check most likely is going to be done manually receipt by receipt..

Of course, it would be important within your company policy, that eccesses of those limits are strictly forbitten however you will always have some employees making their own rules, and maybe showing that at the meals where 2 people drinking, but maybe it was only one...

I have a question though... Are employees suppose to drive around after the meal?  Meeting or dealing with customers?

For the safety of the Company I would make alchool not reimbursable and at the employee's own resposability.

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
JackFan
Routine Member - Level 1

Thank you for your answer.