cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shobhaRBC
New Member - Level 1

Expense reimbursement

Hi team - We closed a business WiFi account and there is an expense report with a negative amount. Since this is not something that was paid by the corporate card, how should I handle it? I tried to submit it as is but get an error that I cannot submit a negative value. Should I leave it as as ignore or is there any other way to submit it? Attached a snippet for reference.

Thanks

Expense query.png

1 Solution
Solution
carmel_rochon
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi!

That error code is something you/your admin can temporarily disable using the following path:

1) Go to Administration > Expense > Audit Rules
2) Locate the rule with exception code NEGEERPT or NEGCCRPT and click on it to select it
3) Click Deactivate (do not click Remove)

4) If needed, you can reactivate the rule after the report is submitted

If that's not a possibility, I used to just add a dummy expense line with the exact amount negative so the report would end up being $0.00. I would use our expense type "Credit Card Fees", and then I would name it something like "Report Balancing" and leave a note on how Concur won't let me submit a negative balance report. 

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
carmel_rochon
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi!

That error code is something you/your admin can temporarily disable using the following path:

1) Go to Administration > Expense > Audit Rules
2) Locate the rule with exception code NEGEERPT or NEGCCRPT and click on it to select it
3) Click Deactivate (do not click Remove)

4) If needed, you can reactivate the rule after the report is submitted

If that's not a possibility, I used to just add a dummy expense line with the exact amount negative so the report would end up being $0.00. I would use our expense type "Credit Card Fees", and then I would name it something like "Report Balancing" and leave a note on how Concur won't let me submit a negative balance report. 

Hope this helps! 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shobhaRBC you can also wait for more card transactions to come in that total more than the negative amount. Add them to this report to make the total amount more than zero.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.