cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monteypoo
Occasional Member - Level 2

Delegate approval and Delegate Edit/Submit claim not available through Mobile App?

It seems that it isn't possible for delegates to approve, edit or submit expense claims via the Mobile App, which is very annoying given that these are features that are available via the desktop app. Concur are encouraging users more and more to engage with the mobile app, but how can this be made possible whilst fundamental features are missing from the app?

In my company we have senior staff who are regularly on the move, and if someone in their team is on holiday and they need to cover their expense claim approvals, they are unable to do this as a delegate via their mobile app and they have to wait until they are at an office or hotel to log in to their laptop, and so the employee's reimbursement gets delayed.

Why haven't these fundamental features been rolled out yet for the mobile app, and is there any plan to do this in the future?

2 REPLIES 2
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@monteypoo Hello!  You should be able to make edits as a delegate for sure.  With version 9.111, the SAP Concur Mobile app is extending the delegate function. Now, regular Expense users can create, edit, and delete manual expenses while acting on behalf of another user.
This new functionality includes:

• The ability to view a list of all delegators and select whom to act for.
  • Viewing list of all available expenses.
  • Manually create a new expense outside of a report.
  • Attach an image while manually creating an expense (from camera, gallery, or files).
  • Edit an existing expense outside of a report.
  • Delete an existing expense outside of a report when no image is linked.

I am going to check with our Mobile team to confirm about the submitting and Delegate approval. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@monteypoo  I have attached a doc for you showing what can and can't be done in the mobile app, but also found the info below. It does look like there are some limitations as well for editing.  

Delegates are NOT yet able to view the following:
E-receipts
Mileage expenses
Receipts
Currently, expense delegates can only see entries that are outside an expense report. They won't be able to see expense reports and entries that are inside reports.

Known limitations:
It is not possible to replace or delete images in manually created expenses (quick expenses).
It is not possible to attach receipts from available expenses, that were originally created by the user that is being acted on behalf of.

Delegate approvals is not currently supported on the mobile app. Therefore, this can only be done by logging in via computer on the SAP Concur website.

You can definitely submit an improvement request for these items:

To view current Improvement Requests or submit a new Improvement Request on the Customer Influence website, please follow the below steps:
  1. Go to the Customer Influence Website to find the list of SAP Concur Continuous Influence sessions. Improvement Requests are submitted inside each session.
  2. If this is your first time visiting the website, you will be prompted to create an account. To log in, please use your SAP Customer Influence account email, S- or P- User ID, or Login Name and password.
  3. Once on the Influence website, you will see the list of SAP Concur Continuous Influence sessions to choose from.
  4. Once you have found the appropriate Continuous Influence session:
    • Submit improvements: If you cannot find an existing idea that matches your use case or business need, use the “Submit Improvement” button to create a new idea.
    • Vote for improvements you wish to support and plan to take advantage of in your organization. You will be notified about updates to ideas that you have voted for or chose to follow.
    • Wait for review: Once your idea has been submitted, other customers can comment and vote. Ideas that reach the voting threshold (minimum number of votes) will be reviewed.
    • Voting threshold: Each session may have different thresholds. You will find this information on the landing page for each session.
    • Review result communication: Twice a year, a blog is posted with information on the accepted and delivered ideas.
    • My Requests / Votes / Comments: Here you can find all Improvement Requests you have submitted, voted for, or commented on.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.