cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterL
Occasional Member - Level 1

Concur Expenses not matching invoice values

Hi all,

For my last 3 booked airfares, I noticed the Amount in the Amount column, does not match the actual charge.

How do I correct this? This is true for my recent Delta Airfares, and Southwest Airfares.

Thanks

Peter

8 REPLIES 8
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PeterL So, what really matters is that the amount charged to your card is correct. When you add the charges to an expense report is the Amount field showing the actual amount charged to your card or a different amount? If it shows the correct amount, then you are all good. The Amount you are seeing is the amount of the booked itinerary item. It should be the same as the amount charged to your card, but if it isn't, when it gets matched to the card charge, the actual amount charged to the card will override the incorrect amount. You will see this more regularly for Car Rental and Hotel reservations as the amount (before the card charge comes in) will be the estimated amount based on daily rate and number of days. However, when you actually pay for the expense and the card charge uploads into SAP Concur and matches to these itinerary items, the amount will be based on the amount charged to your card.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
PeterL

Hi @KevinD , Thank you for the response. The amount charged in SAP/Concur available expenses is coming through as $24.69 for all my future flights. When I click on that expense, it shows the receipt/itinerary, for the flight actual cost, which is in the $300 to $600 dollar range.  If I understand you correctly, I should just add the expense as is, submit in the expense report, and it will get corrected when it's reconciled later on automatically? Thanks

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PeterL With that much of a discrepancy, I wouldn't submit the report just yet. Let me go in and take a look. That way I can better advise you.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PeterL Okay, I took a look and it appears those charges are Travel Agency Charges. If you look on the last report you submitted, there is a charge with the exact same amount that shows as Travel Agency Fees. So, the amount of $24.69 is from the Travel Agency. I know for the charges you haven't added to a report yet, there are some showing with the expense type Airfare. When you add these to a report, you can update the expense type to Travel Agency Fee. 

I hope this helps. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
PeterL

Hi @KevinD  thanks again for the feedback.

I agree these are the travel agency expenses, but what is strange is the flight expenses are not showing up, even on a flight booked on Sept 9th.  I have this for 3 flights. In the last 6 months (Traveling weekly) the flight expenses usually show up within a day or two. I will wait and see. If the flights do not show up, what should I do? Thanks

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PeterL I did notice that the only flights that have come in are for Southwest, so maybe it is something with the other airlines. If you don't see the other flights for the other airlines, I would suggest calling your travel agency and ask them about it. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
PeterL

Hi again @KevinD ,

Thanks again for the feedback. The challenge is even the Southwest flight with the $24.69 is not expensed in SAP, as I took a look at my last couple expense reports. You're saying I should call the travel agency to see why the flights are not coming through? 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PeterL That is what I would do. I would also go check my corporate card statement to see if the charges are there. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey