cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcenta
Occasional Member - Level 1

apply remaining funds

Hello,

I need help completing my expense report. Here's the scenario. While in-country I used company AMEX card to purchase a meal card. At the end of the week I cashed out the unused funds from meal card. I then applied these unused funds towards my hotel bill. I am unsure how to complete my expense report. Issue one is how do I expense initial meal card purchase? Issue two is how to square away the hotel charge? The daily room/tax charge does not match total because I applied the unused cash towards hotel bill. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tcenta to better help you, I have three questions:

1. Has the transaction from the meal card uploaded into your SAP Concur profile? 

2. You applied the unused funds toward the hotel, so the rest of the hotel bill was paid for on your AMEX, is that correct? Do you have an AMEX transaction in your account for the hotel? 

3. I'm not clear how the daily room/tax charge doesn't match the total? Which total are you referring to? If you applied the unused portion to the hotel bill, then the charge on your AMEX for the hotel would be what you need to account for when you itemize out the hotel expense. Are you saying the total of the hotel receipt doesn't match the total charged to your AMEX?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
tcenta
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hello Kevin. Thank you for your time and help. Here are the answers to your questions:

1.) Yes, the transaction from the cafeteria meal card has uploaded. I believe I can ITEMIZE these to show daily charge for lunch.

2.) Yes, I applied the leftover funds from meal card CHF48.30 towards the hotel bill. It was charged to AMEX as well.

3.)  So when I itemize the daily room charge and tax it does not match total paid with company AMEX because I used the leftover funds from the 100CHF cafeteria meal card I purchased. For example, if the daily room charge and tax equals 100CHF and I stayed 5 nights the total is CHF500. However, I applied the CHF48.30 from meal card towards this amount so the total for hotel is CHF451.7 which does not match my daily room charge. This is the issue. Note: I entered a HELP ticket and CONCUR deducted the meal card amount from one night so it seems to have worked. Again thank you for your time Kevin!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tcenta Sounds like you are all good then. I would have suggested the same thing as your help ticket. 🙂

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.