cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simontaylor7
New Member - Level 1

Annual Mileage Report

Hi

At the end of the tax year I am going to need to run a single report to total up my mileage from all of my separate expense claims throughout the year

This will enable me to send my mileage summary to my accountant to support my tax return

Is there a function within Concur that enables me to run such a report OR is there a way to export all of my claims for the year to excel so that I can filter by "mileage" expense type to create my own summary?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
JessicaL
Frequent Member - Level 1

Your Concur Administrator should be able to run this report for you, it can even be set up on a schedule if you need it more frequently. I do not believe there is a way for you to do this yourself unless you have reporting permissions or the admin gives you reporting permissions.

Best,

Jessica
Travel and Expense System Administrator
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@simontaylor7 great question. The only way to see your accumulated yearly mileage is by running a report using Cognos reporting. It is likely you won't have this permission, however if you are an expense approver, you should be able to access Cognos to run reports. When you log into SAP Concur, do you happen to see an option at the top of the screen that says "Reporting"? If so, this will allow you into Cognos. However, you won't be able to build the report you are looking for unless you have been given the correct permission to author reports. This is where someone with report building permission would need to build this for you. It is actually super easy to build. Then on Jan. 1 of 2022, the report could be run and it would include all your mileage. The trick is getting someone to build the report for you. 🙂

I'm sending you a private message with three names of people you can reach out to at your company. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
IrritatedbySA_P
New Member - Level 1

Kevin, 

How poor is the SAP system if a user cannot generate a simple report like this? I'm deeply irritated by the "go to your administrator response". Some 3 years after a user requested a self serve option and nothing! The experience as a user would drive me away from selecting SAP in the future as a business solution. 

@IrritatedbySA_P there is a setting in the car configuration where the system keeps track of accumulated mileage, but not everyone uses this setting. So, the system can show a user their mileage at the end of the year without needing a report.

I'm a little confused by your "Some 3 years after a user requested a self serve option". What is this in reference to?

If I may ask, how long have you been using the SAP Concur system?

As for the "go to your administrator response", there are issues that must be taken care of by those at your company who have the permissions and roles to do so. The reason we provide permissions and roles to people at your company is so that they can correct the issue without any need to contact SAP Concur.

Here is an example. "I haven't received my reimbursement payment". Since our customers have different reimbursement timelines, different banks and use a variety of ERP software, there are a number of reasons why the payment wasn't received. However, we can only speculate as to the reason since we don't have access to our customers' ERP systems or to their banking information. We can only see what the SAP Concur system shows as far as statuses of reports and if the posting failed in the ERP system.

We have around 40k customers all with different configurations of the system and different processes. Asking an SAP Concur Support person to be well-versed in that many configurations and processes just isn't realistic. So, the better option is to have someone who was involved in the setup and configuration to resolve the issue. That is why we often reply with, "go to your administrator". You may or may not have noticed that we follow this up with, "I'm sending you a private message with who to contact". We aren't just telling someone to go to their admin without providing them who that is.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Anisa82
New Member - Level 2

Hi please can you let me know who has access to send me this report within my company

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anisa82 I would start by contacting someone in either your Finance, Payroll, Accounting or HR departments. They are usually the site admins and should have access.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Andrea1
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi

I need this report for my company too.  I am an administrator and believe I am a site admin (is this something you can check?) and have access to Cognos 11. 

We had and used this report previously and now I can't find/access it.

I need the report to show the mileage per employee, by date for a set period.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Andrea1 I did check and you do have access to Cognos and you can build your own reports. I would recommend building the mileage report yourself. Now, I don't know what your reporting building experience is, but the report in question would be pretty straightforward to create. 

If you haven't build reports in Cognos, I would recommend signing up for one of our free reporting webinars. If that interests you, please respond here and I'll send you the link. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Andrea1

Hi

I don't have any experience of building reports in Cognos (and little experience of using Cognos) so if you could send me any links on free webinars relating to this, especially how to build the report that I need to run,  I'd really appreciate it. 

Thanks  

Hi @Andrea1 

To obtain the mileage of a user in a period I use standard report " Excessive Personal Car Mileage"

cjmarimo_0-1712738859811.png

Report " Excessive Personal Car Mileage"

Transaction Date: the date range
             Distance Units: select “Miles” or “Kilometers”
             Break Even Distance: 0
              Employees: select employee

cjmarimo_1-1712738936451.png

I obtain the breakdown of all Car Mileage expenses incurred by the employee during the selected period.

cjmarimo_2-1712738980027.png

Then I export this file to Excel, and sum up the mileage.

cjmarimo_3-1712739030090.png

BR,

cj

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Andrea1 here is our Cognos Resource page: https://www.concurtraining.com/cnqr/cognos-11-registration

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Andrea1

I've tried the above suggestion form cjmarimo and I can't select 0 for the breakeven distance.   I still can't extract this data -surely this is not a complicated request or unusual request.  I've tried contracting customer support - and got nowhere.   KevinD please send me the links you promised on 09 April as I've not received them yet and I need to produce this information by 19 April.

@Andrea1 

I don't know if it could be because of the Role.

There are the following roles:

cjmarimo_0-1713181093906.png

The one I have assigned is "Business Author"

cjmarimo_1-1713181117850.png

BR,

cj