cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Who Me Too'd this topic

Albert-Lee
Occasional Member - Level 1

Expense Policy Benchmarking for meals, alcohol, tipping, and personal car mileage

Hi everyone,

My company is looking to update their corporate expense policy and wanted to do some benchmarking on meals, alcohol, tipping, and personal car mileage. If you have a minute, can you please fill out the sections below with how your company reimburses for the following expenses? As an example, I filled out how my company currently approaches the following expenses:

Meals: The employee has up to $125 ($25 - breakfast, $25 - lunch, $75 - dinner) to spend on meals per day. This amount also includes drinks, meal tipping, and snacks for that day.

Alcohol: My policy states, "Expensive and excessive alcohol will not be reimbursed.". No concrete limit or dollar amount but we advise our Audit team that employees should not have more than two alcoholic drinks per day. 

Tipping: My policy states, "All tips must be modest when judged by the local standards." No concrete definition or limit on this.

Personal Car Mileage: Will reimburse up to 200 miles one way or 400 miles roundtrip. 

Company: If you feel comfortable disclosing the name of your company. 

Thank you all so much and hopefully this helps other people who are looking to benchmark!

- Albert

Who Me Too'd this topic