cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically Import Travel Plans with TripIt Inbox Sync

Organize travel plans without lifting a finger.

If you're a TripIt user, say farewell to the days of copying and pasting or searching your inbox to find what you need. With Inbox Sync, you don’t need to remember to forward confirmation emails to plans@tripit.com – travel plans are automatically added to TripIt from your email inbox.

And nowTripIt’s Inbox Sync is now available for email addresses that use Microsoft 365, providing another option to automatically import travel plans to your itinerary. 

How does it work? 

Every time a travel confirmation email arrives in your inbox, we’ll automatically import it to TripIt to create a new itinerary or update an existing trip. TripIt only looks for travel confirmation emails, based on key words, recognized travel vendors, and specific email templates, keeping your personal emails unread and secure.

It's easy to connect your email to set up Inbox Sync.

• From the app: In the TripIt app, visit the Account tab, tap your name (top of page), then select the email address(es) you wish to authorize. Enable the Inbox Sync toggle, then follow the prompts to sign in to your email account and authorize.
  • From web: Sign in to tripit.com and visit your Profile. Click Account and Security, then Manage Account. Select the email address(es) you wish to authorize, then click Activate Inbox Sync. Follow the prompts to sign in to your email account.

What Microsoft 365 email domains are supported?

A list of supported providers can be found on our TripIt help page. The inclusion of Microsoft 365 now supports corporate email addresses, in addition to personal email addresses, streamlining itinerary creation for business travel in the TripIt app.

Your security is our priority.

When a user sets up their email account with Inbox Sync, TripIt never asks for or stores their password. TripIt follows protocols  for authorization and access to travel emails from your email inbox, without ever needing your sign-in credentials. This feature is strictly optional, with an opt-in, and authorization can be revoked at any time if chosen.

Inbox Sync.gif

-----

What is TripIt?

TripIt is a mobile app that helps keep travelers' itineraries organized, for both business and personal travel. TripIt Pro is a premium service that's packed with helpful features and alerts to keep travelers in the know, while on the go. If your organization has Concur TripLink, then all your travelers get a complimentary subscription to TripIt Pro. To learn more about Concur TripLink and TripIt Pro, read this community article.

About This Author
kellyharris
I joined SAP Concur in 2020, with a background in marketing for the travel industry. I started out creating programs to help travelers adopt and take advantage of the many benefits of the TripIt app. Today, I am a Sr. Global Product Marketing Manager at SAP Concur supporting our travel portfolio, specifically for Concur TripLink and TripIt Pro. I help to effectively bring new products and features to market, listen to customer feedback to develop future innovations, and write messaging to help our customers understand the great benefits our solutions offer. I'd love to help answer any Concur TripLink or TripIt-related questions you have!