Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Support Phone Number

For Administrators and Authorized Support Contacts:
Call +1 (855) 895-4815 and select the Authorized Support Contact option from the menu. See more information.

For End Users:
To access your dedicated User Support Desk phone number, please log into your SAP Concur system, click on Help, then click on Contact Support. See more information.

How Do I Handle My Expenses When I've Left The Company?

0 0 5,542
Translate Translate English content into 8 languages using our machine translation tool.

We’ve been noticing that outstanding business expenses for employees that have left the company is a trending topic. Although SAP Concur will not be able to process the expenses submitted for individuals in that situation, we’ve crafted two scenarios that will hopefully help clarify and troubleshoot the issue.


Scenario 1: You Know Your Employment End Date

In this situation, there shouldn’t be any issue as you can be sure to get your report created and submitted prior to your end date.


However, if you use a corporate card and possibly might use it a day or two before your end date, that transaction will not show up until after you have left. To avoid any issues, we recommend you add a delegate, if you haven’t, to your profile who can prepare and submit your report. That way when the corporate card transaction comes in after you have left the company, your delegate can add it to your report and submit the report on your behalf.


Important: Do not add your manager as your delegate. If a delegate works on a report, their name does get associated to the report and the system will not allow someone who submitted a report to also approve that report.


Scenario 2: You Abruptly Left the Company

This situation can be a little difficult. It all depends on the employer. If your employer did not deactivate your profile after you left, then you could still sign in and complete your expenses. I recommend speaking with your previous manager to let them know you will be signing in to submit your outstanding expenses. You probably want to copy the site administrator as well if you contact your previous manager via email.


Now, if your employer deactivated your profile immediately upon you leaving, then you will not be able to access the system to submit your expenses. In this situation, you will need to contact your previous manager and your site administrator to let them know you have outstanding expenses that need to be submitted. Site admins can then get the report created and submitted for you.


There are situations where someone’s previous employer does not proactively take care of the expenses despite several requests by the employee. Unfortunately, in this situation, SAP Concur will not be able to provide any assistance or any advice on what action to take and is considered an internal issue for the customer.