cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RebeccaD
Community Manager
Community Manager

What do you wish there was more of at SAP Concur Fusion?

18 REPLIES 18
tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

More hands on classes during kick-off: audit rules, reporting, configuration

Terri Moreno
Looking for new opportunities!
Anaren, Inc. - Travel Manager - Syracuse, NY
TRedman
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@tjbmoreno Reporting is a pretty broad topic.  We would love to provide some really meaningful hands on trainings, but is historically challenging to properly teach complex topics in just one hour.  Perhaps we could narrow some of the classes to just one or two specific topics.  For example, a class on how to set up bursting.  Or a class on building charts.  Is there anything specific you would like to learn?  

Tiffany Redman, Senior Product Manager, Data and Analytics
dayfrench
Occasional Member - Level 3

I really like this idea. I really need to learn more about joins, bursting, and charts. But, the short reporting sessions aren't in-depth enough for me. Hands-on specific classes woudl be awesome!

TRedman
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@tjbmoreno

Reporting is a pretty broad topic.  We would love to provide some really meaningful hands on trainings, but is historically challenging to properly teach complex topics in just one hour.  Perhaps we could narrow some of the classes to just one or two specific topics.  For example, a class on how to set up bursting.  Or a class on building charts.  Is there anything specific you would like to learn?  

tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

Actually, the more I think about it, it’s almost a waste at this point to learn more reporting - with next gen reporting coming.

Terri Moreno
TRedman
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

The reality is, we won't be able to convert existing clients overnight.  This is going to be a serveral year process to move 45K+ clients worldwide to the new platform.  Depending on the size and complexity of your organization, configuration and existing reporting program, it may be several years before you move to the new platform.

tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

Ugh!

Terri Moreno
MommaSnow4
Occasional Member - Level 2

I'd like to see a networking opportunity that is industry-specific...all the healthcare clients, all the insurance clients, the non-profit clients, etc.  A chance to meet other clients who more closely align with my company and ask specific questions, share best practices, etc. that we may have in common.

Cindy White
Kauffman Foundation
Corp Card Admin, Travel & Expense
kdm363
Occasional Member - Level 1

Definitely agree. Also, extend the duration of the roundtables - one hour was not enough time for us to have a meangiful discussion, and often it felt like we were ending right as we got into a good topic.

RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

A cloning machine so that I could attend more sessions!  Agree with @tjbmoreno about more hands on classes - sometimes some hour long sessions aren't long enough to be of value.  More sessions on the SAP Concur App partners and how they can drive innovation and savings.

Kind regards

Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics
tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

Or maybe we could get Hermoine to let us borrow her time turner, @RichardG!

Assuming you might be a Harry Potter fan!

Terri Moreno
RichardG
Routine Member - Level 3

Haha @tjbmoreno - I've seen enough of the boy wizard with my daughter to know what you're referring too.  As handy as that would be I'm sticking to my old reliable Delorean - imagine doing 88mph every hour through San Diego!

Richard Grigg
Assistant Director, Business Services
Australian Bureau of Statistics
tjbmoreno
Routine Member - Level 2

Yeah, @RichardG, but where are you going to get the 1.21 Gigawatts to power the thing?

Terri Moreno
SusanT
Super User
Super User

Agree with the posts regarding time. I wish I could attend more sessions! The reporting sessions are so valuable, and just not enough time to see everything. Such a great conference - wish it lasted 2 weeks!

HRawlings
Occasional Member - Level 1

I have two suggestions.

First, I would love to see more classes surrounding communications to end users. I have found the yearly communication class to be very beneficial. I do have to say, I did not care for the style this year (I felt it was not near as interactive). I prefer the style of the class the two previous years. I enjoy gaining insight as to what other organizations are doing to communicate to their end users.

Second, I would really like to see a best practice session according to organization size. We are a large corporation with thousands of users. We would love to be able to connect with fellow Fusion attendees that have a similar usage rate.

Thanks for asking!

Heather

MGordon
Occasional Member - Level 3

I too would like to see more round table discussions of best practices but seated with other companies of liked size (size does matter).  

SandraA
Routine Member - Level 2

I think all the classes should be longer.   An hour is not enough time.  The last Fusion I went to there was never time for questions and everything felt rushed.

Definately more hands on reporting classes.  One thing that could be cool is to ask clients to submit their "Report needed requests" before Fusion.  Concur would pick the ones that were  most popular and they could do a couple classes where the whole class is making one of those reports.   

Sandra Ahola
T-Mobile
Senior Analyst Travel, Card & Expense
US
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sandra-ahola-4704553/
LMaag
Occasional Member - Level 2

Love the round table sessions and agree that hands on audit rule training would be great!