cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catagomez1120
Occasional Member - Level 1

two-factor authentication

How can I set up two-factor authentication? 

1 Solution
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Catagomez1120 Hello!  Once this becomes required, you will be prompted when logging in to set this up. 

Here is more info:  

• Starting October 18, 2023, until November 15, 2023: Users can set up 2FA during the sign-in process. During this period, a valid email address is not required, but it is strongly recommended that all admins encourage their users to proactively ensure they have a valid email address entered in their profiles. Further instructions on setting up 2FA and ensuring a valid email address can be found in our External FAQ.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

79 REPLIES 79
kberwin
Occasional Member - Level 2

How do you reset 2FA for a user?

kberwin

Looks like a reset button has been added to the user pages.

kberwin_0-1697810659311.png

ACCTALeeP

Where did you find this button? I couldn't find it under their user profile. I am trying to reset some of our user's 2FA because their codes are not allowing them to login.

kberwin

When you are in the User Administration area and go into a user's record, it's at the top between Role(s) and General Settings. 

kberwin_1-1697831777402.png

ACCTALeeP

Mine does not look like this and the "MFA Reset" section does not exist. 

This is frustrating because 2FA seems to work for some individuals but is broken for others. 

Concur.png

rphelps
Occasional Member - Level 3

Looks like you are in the wrong user area.  You should be in the Company Admin Home area.  I went to that spot initially as well looking for the button and then found it in the "other" admin user maintenance area.

I got there with the following clicks.  Surely easier but i havent located yet.

Click Home in upper left

rphelps_2-1697833286541.png

Under Admin on right click Authentication Admin

rphelps_3-1697833321262.png

Click Sign-In Settings

up at the top, there is a navigation string that you can click "Company Admin"

rphelps_0-1697832903338.png

Then navigate to User Administration.

rphelps_1-1697832947075.png

select user and reset is at top

ACCTALeeP

Wow, that was certainly hidden in the new user interface layout update.

Thank you for all your help!

AF

Hi I'm not getting the Authentication Code through to my email or mobile, so I cannot log in, but it's not giving me any detail as to whether there is a problem or not??

Littlered13

Even though i am an admin, myself and another lady who is admin still cannot log on to concur re this authentication code. What is going on? We log on via the webpage and not on a mobile phone as we dont have a company phone. 

We really need access asap. I am going to have employees moaning and i cant even get on myself!!!!!! This is urgent

DonnaM0451

I'm having the same issue and cannot get anyone to return my call or have found any solution to this to work.  This is very annoying to say the least.  I need to get signed in!!

Littlered13

Its just a joke isnt it, you cant call as you are on hold for hours which we cant do, they dont give you a call back. Everyone keeps saying put the 6 digits in which we are. Then others have said the admin can go into some sort of settings....i cant even log in to go to any settings!!! Concur really need to tell people whats going on now and get something sorted. I have staff asking me today why they cant log on thinking its something they are doing wrong!!! Madness

DonnaM0451

I think I figured it out!! I had to go to Sap Concur in Microsoft Edge instead of Google Crome and then download the authenticator app for Microsoft and then it worked!

Littlered13

One of our guys tried that last week and it didnt work with microsoft either. We mainly use google at our company. 

DonnaM0451

Did he update to the newest version?  It asked me to do that when I tried Microsoft edge.  I usually use chrome.  

Littlered13

OK so i dont have a work phone but i have had to download the google authentication app on my personal phone, i scanned the QR code and it let me in!! I dont really want to use my personal phone for the code option!!! But when you read the instructions and its says you dont have a mobile device or prefer not to use one you can use this google authentication via the web. This option is not working!!!!

Littlered13_0-1698072306763.png

tmarcure

Hello Littlered13,

I found that using the Google or Microsoft authenticator extensions in Chrome or Edge was not ideal as they randomly gave errors. I ended up using a program called WinOTP and it has worked flawlessly on the 60 PCs I installed it on. It is a free recourse.

GoJackets79

I would like to disable the Concur version of 2FA. It is unnecessarily complicated (not a surprise considering it's from SAP) and 'solves' a problem that doesn't exist. Your company presumes that users have tools they do not have. Time is money and your company is wasting my time.