cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Catagomez1120
Occasional Member - Level 1

two-factor authentication

How can I set up two-factor authentication? 

1 Solution
Solution
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Catagomez1120 Hello!  Once this becomes required, you will be prompted when logging in to set this up. 

Here is more info:  

• Starting October 18, 2023, until November 15, 2023: Users can set up 2FA during the sign-in process. During this period, a valid email address is not required, but it is strongly recommended that all admins encourage their users to proactively ensure they have a valid email address entered in their profiles. Further instructions on setting up 2FA and ensuring a valid email address can be found in our External FAQ.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

79 REPLIES 79
Cbeck
Occasional Member - Level 2

@MelanieT - we are having exactly the same challenge as @lbboeck

. No one can log on today

CatCop

Try this: 

All - if you have the Microsoft Authenticator App, and you already have an account. This is how we were able to gain access to Concur: 

1. Open your microsoft authenticator app

2. Click verified IDs in bottom right on the bottom nav of the app

3. Click Scan QR code

4. Scan QR code on Concur

5. Go back to authenticator, home icon on bottom of nav,

6. You will see the new SAP concur authentication code

**(this is different than the 6 digit code when you click on the account)

j305886

This worked!! 

CatCop

Glad I could help! 

Cbeck

@CatCop  - thanks  I just tried that several times still does not work.   Also not all have company phone so definately need another solution @MelaineT

CatCop

When you go to the authenticator app, don't click on your account. On the main page, you should see the Verified ID icon on the bottom right, once you scan the QR code on the Concur login page, you will have to hit the home icon on the bottom right of the main page to the authenticator app. The 6 digit code will come up on that page, under your already existing account(s). It is not the same 6 digit # that appears when you log in to your work account. I am using an iPhone, so I am not sure if it is different on other phones. This has worked for all of us so far. 

The ones that did not have the app/MS 2FA account set up already has an easier time of it - they just needed to download the app and scan the code. Those lucky ducks! 😉

Hope that helps - the wait time for Concur Admins is extreemly long today. Wish they would have pushed out a notification to the admins beforehand to make us aware of the multiple security changes taking place today!

kar2016

CatCop,
Thanks. Worked for me.

CatCop

This worked for me: 

All - if you have the Microsoft Authenticator App, and you already have an account. This is how we were able to gain access to Concur: 

1. Open your microsoft authenticator app

2. Click verified IDs in bottom right on the bottom nav of the app

3. Click Scan QR code

4. Scan QR code on Concur

5. Go back to authenticator, home icon on bottom of nav,

6. You will see the new SAP concur authentication code

**(this is different than the 6 digit code when you click on the account)

dnoblitt

We cannot get logged in today either.  We have SSO and understood that the two-factor authentication would not be required in this case.

Cbeck

@MelanieT -  I have also tried using the Microsoft Authenticator app and obtained an authenticator code. This also does not allow us to sign in.  What options are avialable to remove  

Cbeck_0-1697723188105.png

kar2016

Same issue. Not accepting the key.

tmarcure

Remove the space in the six digit code.

mkenney_pinoak

We are having the same issue.

tmarcure

I have one user that has gone through the setup process correctly, but every time she tries to login, it gives her the QR code even though she she has already finished the setup process. Her authenticator shows Concur and a six-digit code.

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@mkenney_pinoak @kar2016 @dawnmayfield @Cbeck If you are an admin, you will want to create a Support case.  If you are not an admin, you will want to reach out to yours and have them create a case. If you don't know who that is, just send me a private message and I will get you that info!

To send me a private message, click my username (MelanieT), then click Message.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
alinamejias
New Member - Level 2

Hello Melanie, 

I am having the same problem setting up Two-factor Authentication, I do it manually or when I get the code on my phone the system is not accepting it. 

What can I do about it? 

I am traveling Sunday and need to have access as soon as possible,

I appreciate your guidance in solving this problem. 

Cbeck

@MelanieT  I am the admin.

If I  can not log in what is best way to open support ticket. I called Support this morning and was told wait is 2 hours. I left a message to be called back but still have not heard back.   Is there another way to reach support?

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Cbeck Have you tried Google Authenticator? 

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
mkenney_pinoak

What we did:  I contacted my IT Director and he said.... If you do not already have the Microsoft Authenticator app, download it from your App store and use it to scan the QR code provided by Concur.  This will create your account in the authenticator.  Then enter the code that the authenticator app creates.

smulherin

Key isn't working! How do you scan a code from the phone you're trying to log into Concur on? 

kberwin

This is exactly our problem. All of our field users, who need to submit expense reports, only have one mobile device and due to the industry we're in, for security purposes, copy/paste is disabled. They can't log in. How do I turn this off for our users until we can get SSO configured?