cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aluus
New Member - Level 1

Your 2FA Process Is Trash

There needs to be a way to disable or opt out. 2FA is not the end-all-be-all of security. It's just an extra hurdle designed to make your site and services more cumbersome and discourage use, thereby reducing the workload on your staff.

9 REPLIES 9
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Aluus I am sorry that this is frustrating for you.  Thank you for sharing  your feedback.  

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ThePP
Occasional Member - Level 1

@MelanieT  I have to agree with Aluus.  I'm an Executive Assistant and use Concur almost daily. It's extremely frustrating when it forces me to authenticate multiple times a day. Why can't it remember my device so I don't have to authenticate every single time?  Furthermore, I support multiple C-level executives and before I was able to log into their account from my cell phone to upload receipt images by simply taking a picture, and now it's even more difficult to upload their receipts complete expenses. While I appreciate having added security, I can't stress enough how frustrating this is & the fact that there's no option to opt out.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ThePP how many times are you authenticating a day? Is the site signing you out? Maybe your company has the automatic sign out due to inactivity set to a short amount of time. 

Also, SAP Concur was designed for individual use and was not designed to have people signing in to other users' account with their credentials. We do not recommend users do this, we do not consider this a best practice and we do not tell our customers this is a viable work around for doing other people's expenses.  That is why we have the Delegate feature, so you don't need someone else's credentials. So, it doesn't really make sense for us to allow for an opt out so users can employ a workaround we do not consider a best practice/or something we recommend. 

Thank you,
Kevin
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
ThePP
Occasional Member - Level 1

@KevinD  sometimes I authenticate 3 times or more in one day, basically every time it logs me out due to a period of inactivity. I am constantly pulled away for other things, so the auto sign out is annoying.  Even if people can’t opt out or bypass the 2FA altogether, it would at least help if there was an option to select “remember me” for 30-60 days or so, before having to authenticate again.

I also understand the Delegate feature, and I’m already set up as a delegate for multiple people. However, I’m not able to use the app on my phone to upload receipt images as a delegate. Perhaps you can find a way to allow delegates to do that as well.  Instead I waste too much time scanning receipts & having to save them as PDF images, and either uploading each one from my laptop or forwarding via email… all of which requires more steps than necessary & very time consuming.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ThePP I believe you should be able to upload receipts for your delegates in the app. Try this for me. Sign in to the app. When signed in, press your initials in the upper right corner. You should see some options appear. Select Act as Another User. You will see a list of everyone who has added you as their delegate. Select a name. In the upper right, use the + and see if there is an option that shows a camera icon to take a picture of a receipt.

Let me know what you see as it should allow you to take a picture of a receipt for that person's account.

Thank you,
Kevin
TravelGirl
Occasional Member - Level 2

I agree. There needs to be a way to disable or opt out of the 2FA, everything was just fine prior to this. My company can have up to over 100 users during our peak season and this will become a problem in the long run for us. Concur, please consider doing away with the 2FA, as this is even more of a hassle for Apple users to authentic at every login because we have to toggle away from the Concur login and go to the desktop into System Settings to retrieve the code.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TravelGirl to be fully transparent, at this time we will not be providing an opt out of 2FA.

Could you provide explanations as to what the issue is with over 100 users during peak season and why this is more of a hassle for Apple users? Are you referring to iPhone users? If so, let me know as there are ways to not have to authenticate every time you access the mobile app.

Thank you,
Kevin
TravelGirl
Occasional Member - Level 2

@KevinD-I am just concerned some our users who have Macbooks might have the same issue I had setting up the internal 2FA within the Macbook (which took me about two days to get set up correctly, as your support Team did not get back to me in a timely manner and I needed to access the system and could no longer wait). I do not know about iPhone users, I just know of my experience with my Macbook. It just makes for a lot of back and forth with the Concur Support team when issues arrive, since I deal with interns who arrive weekly to my company in the summer, which can be 15 to 20 interns weekly. We have a lot of interns, which makes for a lot of travel, and we want their booking experience to be as user-friendly as possible.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TravelGirl what issue did you have on your MacBook? Did you not just use an authenticator app on your mobile phone? That seems to be the easiest and fastest option for someone to get set up. 

Thank you,
Kevin