cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmhazlett
Occasional Member - Level 1

Two Factor authentications

I have several team members who the codes are not working for them.   How do we trouble shoot so they can log in?   

1 Solution
Solution
lizweide
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi! I had an issue logging in yesterday morning and was getting the same error. I noticed that the Microsoft Authenticator app on my phone needed to be updated. I updated it, restarted my phone, deleted the SAP Concur account from the Microsoft Authenticator app, then went through the steps to Reset 2FA. A few other employees had the same issue, and so far, 1 has responded that those steps resolved their issue too. Since Concur has not communicated anything helpful, it's worth a try! Maybe check to see if the app needs updated, and if so, update that and see if it'll work. If not, try the rest of the steps. I hope it works for you! And I hope this doesn't keep happening. What a mess!

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
sanijon
Occasional Member - Level 1

Two-factor authentication (2FA) provides an added layer of security for online accounts. By requiring users to provide two different authentication factors, such as a password and a unique code, it significantly reduces the risk of unauthorized access and enhances overall digital safety.

skenttaylor

It would make things a lot easier if (like most 2FA implementations) you'd enable the code to be received by the user by SMS (text message). Is this option being looked at? I can see a lot of our users refusing to install an app.

@skenttaylor with the browser extension option, users can still set up 2FA without installing an app.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
skenttaylor

Yes, but they'll have similar issues with this. I'm sure the bulk of our users will be fine, but this change will cause more friction with the harder to reach users we want to get aboard. It's making the product unpopular.

NB: If I had my way everyone would use 2FA for everything - I'm a big fan and get annoyed with services that don't offer it. I'm just struggling with some of our less techy users who'd cope with a text message much more easily.

Solution
lizweide

Hi! I had an issue logging in yesterday morning and was getting the same error. I noticed that the Microsoft Authenticator app on my phone needed to be updated. I updated it, restarted my phone, deleted the SAP Concur account from the Microsoft Authenticator app, then went through the steps to Reset 2FA. A few other employees had the same issue, and so far, 1 has responded that those steps resolved their issue too. Since Concur has not communicated anything helpful, it's worth a try! Maybe check to see if the app needs updated, and if so, update that and see if it'll work. If not, try the rest of the steps. I hope it works for you! And I hope this doesn't keep happening. What a mess!