cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JanAelbrecht
Occasional Member - Level 3

Testing Email reminders

Hi,

How can I test an email reminder that I have created ?

regards

jan

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JanAelbrecht there is no Preview option, so what you described is correct. 

I don't know if you have the permissions to see the Email Reminder job and the run history. It doesn't run the same time every night. If you log in to SAP Concur, go to Administration in the upper right. Mouse over Company, then select Tools. See if there is an option named Import/Extract Administrator. If so, select this option. You have three pages of jobs, so navigate to the last page in the list to see the Email Reminder job. This is a Managed Job, which means it was set up and configured by SAP Concur and can only be changed by SAP Concur.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JanAelbrecht first I would need to know what the reminder rule conditions are. You need to violate the rule conditions so the reminder will kick off. The reminders job runs each night, so you won't receive the email until after the job runs. It won't send you the email reminder as soon as you violate the rule. 

Also, if you have a Test group set up, you should apply the reminder to the test group to ensure none of your actual employees receive the reminder by accident. You would also need at least one Test User assigned to the Test group. I would recommend adding your email address to the test user profile, to be sure you receive the email reminder.

There are several things to consider, so I'll await your reply to see if you have a test group and a test user. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JanAelbrecht
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi Kevin,

I created some reminders about unused credit card transactions older then  xx days.

Add info in the email message with links to SharePoint and outlook

Now I want to be sure that the mail looks like i expect it should look.

but with your solution If I have to wait until next day to see the result ?... and when I need to modify the message again

wait again until next day to see the result. 

runs every night ? we are located in EMEA , were can I see when this job is running ?

What I expect is that I can do a preview of the message or send this to myself as test.

regards

jan

Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JanAelbrecht there is no Preview option, so what you described is correct. 

I don't know if you have the permissions to see the Email Reminder job and the run history. It doesn't run the same time every night. If you log in to SAP Concur, go to Administration in the upper right. Mouse over Company, then select Tools. See if there is an option named Import/Extract Administrator. If so, select this option. You have three pages of jobs, so navigate to the last page in the list to see the Email Reminder job. This is a Managed Job, which means it was set up and configured by SAP Concur and can only be changed by SAP Concur.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey