cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shiraa2
Occasional Member - Level 1

Missing BI Manager

Hi,

In our Concur setup, each user is assigned to a BI Manager. For an existing user (with an assigned BI Manager) whenever I update any field in a user’s profile, the BI Manager field resets to blank. If I choose a respective BI Manger from the drop down menu, it does not get saved. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Now such users ends up on the ‘Missing BI Manager report’, I have to then do a template upload that runs successfully without errors. When I go back and randomly check the user profiles ( that were on the ‘Missing BI Manager report’ ) to see if the BI Manager info is updated, some of the users are updates and some are not. This is so random and bizarre that I can’t seem to find any logic or reason.  

Has anyone experienced this or has an explanation?

Many thanks,

Avanti

5 REPLIES 5
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shiraa2 is this happening with just one user profile or any user profile? 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
shiraa2
Occasional Member - Level 1

@KevinD  This is not specific to any particular user. If I have to update a user information eg: email address and then save, the BI manager field assigned to that user gets wiped out. This field is also not editable and does not have a drop down. But when I  update  expense delegate or any other field where a window pops up, the BI manager filed does not get wiped out.    

The only way to update the BI manager field is by uploading the missing information using a template. This process itself is a hit or miss. Is there a row limit for the template upload?

Many thanks,

Avanti 

DCassell220
Routine Member - Level 2

@shiraa2 & @KevinD - I noticed a few weeks ago this happened to me, too.  I use the Business Integrity field to put in the name of the Controller that signed off on the new Concur Account Request form and that person 98% of the time is NOT also the Concur approver for that employee that I just set up.  When I try to select the controller name from the ones I've entered in the past it sometimes acts like it's populating that field with the info, but then when I save it then the name in the BI field disappears.   I do have a few employees where their approver is also the controller so it does let me save the name in the BI field then.     I also think that it maintains that "old" info in the account if I haven't gone back into the employee's profile to update anything, but if I make any changes at all then the BI field info disappears.

Debbie Cassell

@DCassell220 and @shiraa2 have you submitted this to Concur Support. I've not come across this issue before, so I don't think I'll be of much help. I think submitting a case is the best way to go. 

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
DCassell220
Routine Member - Level 2

I actually thought that Concur just made the change and I didn't see it in the release notes / announcements so no, I didn't submit a case on it myself.  Thanks!

Debbie Cassell