cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amymeyer
Occasional Member - Level 2

Concurs new sign on password policy

Does anyone know where to find the new password policy?  I get emails stating starting tomorrow Concur will have new sign on password policies, but it does not tell me what those policies are!

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amymeyer you can see them on the Sign In Settings screen if you are a site administrator. You would go to Company>Authentication Admin>Sign In Settings. The only absolute new requirement is for users to have a password with a minimum of eight characters. There are other options on this screen your company can choose to use or not use. For example, password must have a special character.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@amymeyer you can see them on the Sign In Settings screen if you are a site administrator. You would go to Company>Authentication Admin>Sign In Settings. The only absolute new requirement is for users to have a password with a minimum of eight characters. There are other options on this screen your company can choose to use or not use. For example, password must have a special character.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
amymeyer
Occasional Member - Level 2

Thank you Kevin!  Appreciate this.

@KevinD - I am an administrator with a lot of access, but I am not seeing the Sign In Settings here. All I see is Company Request Token. Any ideas?

leela2516_0-1700057840205.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@leela2516 could you mouse over Administration and screenshot the options, please?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey

Hi @KevinD  - Here you go:

leela2516_0-1700063679224.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@leela2516 I'm asking internally as you obviously should see this option.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@leela2516 from what I was told you need to have these roles:

KevinD_0-1700071666350.png

Which you might be able to assign to yourself.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey

@KevinD  - Perfect - thank you! Now I can see the settings! Appreciate the guidance.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@leela2516 great to hear. Have fun setting your password requirements. LOL.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
Devanb
Occasional Member - Level 3

Thanks for clarifying that the only absolute requirement is a minimum of 8 characters. We were expecting the other settings to be updated to match the "default" settings that were listed in the communication.   After checking that our settings do show 8 character minimum and changing my password I received this pop-up stating "A password must be at least 6 characters..."  

Devanb_0-1700247612923.png

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Devanb I believe that will be changed at some point. I would adhere to the eight character minimum.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey