cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeff-automation
Occasional Member - Level 1

By pass Two-factor Authentication (2FA) for Robotics Process Automation (RPA) Purposes

Hi Everyone, I hope you are all doing well.

I have a query regarding SAP Concur’s 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication) feature. As we’re currently automating processes within SAP Concur, we’ve encountered a challenge with the 2FA requirement. Manually inputting the authentication code from the Authentication App when logging in is not advisable because it defeats the purpose of the automation. We are also planned to automate before the  Authenticator App Add-in for both Chrome and Edge browsers but we are not allowed due to security considerations. If any of you have experience automating SAP Concur, I’d greatly appreciate your advice on how to handle the 2FA hurdle. Thank you in advance! 🙏

3 REPLIES 3
MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@jeff-automation Hello.  Here is a link to the FAQ for 2FA.  This should help with your questions.  One thing you might want to consider is using Single Sign On. If your company uses Single Sign On to access SAP Concur, 2FA setup will not be required. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
JorgeL
Routine Member - Level 1

The purpose of the 2FA is to add a layer of security for your company, it has nothing to do with automation.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jeff-automation I need to echo @JorgeL as the only automation, if you can call it that, is Single Sign on. I've not come across any option for 2FA codes to be passed automatically. 

Could you clarify exactly what you mean by "automating SAP Concur", please?

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.