cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raja1605
Occasional Member - Level 1

Assign Request delegates

Hi Everyone,

We have an import template which we use to import bulk employee in to concur on nightly basis and I wanted to know if the same import can be used to assign request delegates  and Travel arrangers?

If yes can someone point me right directions and I tried using 500 and 550 and both throws the same exception 

Delegate was not loaded. The delegator does not have approver role.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Nagaraju

1 Solution
Solution
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 2

@raja1605 please mark solution as accepted so that other members can refer the same if they have same issue.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi @raja1605 ,

Delegate configuration is common for expense and request module.

If you want that system should consider request delegates as travel arrangers, then do below settings.

1. Go to Request Admin >> Site settings >> Enable setting 'Enable synchronization of Travel/Request Delegates' >> Save.

With this setting same person added as request delegate in delegate section will be considered as travel arranger.

PoojaKumatkar_0-1727766988053.png

Now, ensure employee which you are adding as delegate is having 'Request Approver' and 'Expense Approver' role.

Also, go to delegate configuration >> uncheck checkbox 'Restrict approvers to those with equal or higher authorized approver limit'.

Note - If you are using cost object or authorized approver workflow and if this checkbox is checked then it will restrict you while adding delegate.  In that case you might get error which you have mentioned even if delegate has approver role. 

PoojaKumatkar_1-1727767393254.png

Now use 500 record type and try to import delegate. Let me know if it works.  This should resolve your issue.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
raja1605

Thanks @PoojaKumatkar I wanted to set Request Delegates under Request Settings on user level and the user have only Travel Wizard User and Request User. I am able to do from front end with out doing any configuration changes but I am unable set the same through file Employee_Import.

Please see below

raja1605_0-1727785347669.png

I tried using 500 and the product code doesn't have the value for REQ but it have only EXP and PMT and when I use 550 it have oly EXP or PMT or PUR but not for REQ.

How do i update it using Employee Import?

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi @raja1605 ,

As you mentioned user has only travel wizard user and request user role, then this issue must be happening because of missing expense user role. 

As I mentioned in my previous response, delegate functionality is common for expense and request module. This means if you import expense delegate, it will automatically get updated under request delegate section. However, since we don't have any REQ as product code in import template, if you want to update request delegate, you need to first give "expense user" role to the respective user (which you want to add as a delegate) and then import delegate with product code "EXP" as shown below. This will work. 

I have personally imported 1 delegate and it is reflecting under expense and request delegate section.

100,0,welcome,UPDATE,EN,N,N
500,Admin01,12DelegteID,EXP,Y,Y,,,,,

PoojaKumatkar_0-1727788359715.png

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
raja1605

Thanks @PoojaKumatkar 

I tried that option  and employee id for this employee is 1234(I have added Expense User role) and delegate employee is is 5678(already have Expense User Role).

100,0,SSO,UPDATE,EN,N,N

500,abc,5678,EXP,Y,N,Y,Y,,,Y

but it still it snot working and I got the below error

Delegate was not loaded. The delegator does not have approver role. Employee_ID: 1234 .

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi @raja1605,

You are trying to add delete as an approver but your actual user doesnt have "Expense Approver / Request Approver" role hence, you can not import any delegate and give them "approver" permission.

In this case, your actual user should have expense approver and Request approver role, then only delegate will get imported with approver permission.

Do following changes:

1. In employee profile 1234 >> given expense approver and request approver role. 

2. Import same delegate file given in previous response. This time it will get imported.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
raja1605

@PoojaKumatkar 

I wanted to add 5678 as an delegate to employee 1234.Are you saying 1234 needs to have request approver and Expense Approver role before I add 5678 to 1234 as delegate or the other way?

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 2

@raja1605 ,

Yes your understanding is correct. Emp id 1234 should have request and expense approver role. After that import delegate.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
raja1605

It didn't worked and I wanted to create an employee called test1 and assign existing employee test2 as delegate for test1.

Can you please provide the 305 and 500 record format?

PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 2

Hi @raja1605 ,

Can you please check private message and respond.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
raja1605

yes we can connect.

Solution
PoojaKumatkar
Routine Member - Level 2

@raja1605 please mark solution as accepted so that other members can refer the same if they have same issue.

Thanks!
Regards,
Pooja
raja1605

Thanks @PoojaKumatkar for the help.