cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emilio
Occasional Member - Level 2

Arabic Language for User Interface

As we try to expand our global Concur footprint, we are hearing  concerns from our entities in Middle East (specially Egypt) about system not being in Arabic language.  A large number of users in those countries appears not to master English so to use directly the system for Request and Expense 

@Helene_Truffa  @mpouliq 

is there any other Concur customer facing same issue, resistance or push from countries in this region?

3 REPLIES 3
Munari_alEXPert
Super User
Super User

dear @Emilio 

this is unfortunate.. considering the last update I could find back from 9 months ago Arab language is not yet part of the options. As Concur is a kind of easy to use tool, where not much type is required and most automated English should still acceptable. I had employees based in Lebanon and EAU in the past but never had those resistance.

https://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/SupportedLanguages-client/SupportedLanguages-clie...

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari
Emilio
Occasional Member - Level 2

Dear Alessandro,

thanks for your comeback.  on our side we have strong push from our operating companies there to support local language, since many sales and factory staff would not master English @mpouliq 

best regards, Emilio

it is tricky to answer, as I don't know the company and the employees. As experience there are always employees that are used to do things in one way, that they will try any kind of excuses to tell that the new technology is not working or finding issues.

In your case, I just wonder, why you have seen resistances just after implementing it... Did the company not involved the employees as Pilot users before just implementing the system?

If it is a real issues about not being able to use the tool in English, I would provide in your case a step by step training with one of the colleague that speaks Arab and English, who can help on the presentation (I guess those employees have mainly expenses as Travel Meals and eventually hotels)... if instead is a no way to go, still I would ask Concur when they plan to implement Arabic language, and on the meantime see how many people actually are completely unable to understand basic English or French, and if only e.g. 20%, you can implement concur for the 80% and the rest keep what you are using now until arab language implemented.

From my side, I don't know arab language, but if I see what it represent Hotel, Meals, Fuel in the language and with the way to see Amount, Currency, Date.... it shouldn't be as a big problem... they are not requested to write a poem.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Kind Regards

Alessandro Munari