cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trondwn
Occasional Member - Level 1

Api Bearer access token from OAuth

I have an issue when retrieving access token with client_credentials subsequent calls using token fails with error 500, but access token from refresh_token works as expected.

seems like token is valid because it timeout and concur reports it.

Any ideas on what the problem might be?

4 REPLIES 4
leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@trondwn Thank you for the post. I am sorry for your experience. Is this when you are logging into SAP Concur on the web or mobile app? Do you have a screenshot of the error, if you see one that you can share?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
trondwn

hi @leedau ,

this is connecting from SAP PO with REST adapter( same with Postman) to use Concur API.

And using OAuth2 flow with grant_type client_credentials .

{
"Error": {
"Message": "Internal Server Error",
"Server-Time": "2023-09-08T03:24:44",
"Id": "7D79C1D5-9A67-45BC-A385-6923E20D794D"
}
}

using refresh_token return the expected respons. 

trondwn

@leedau ,
PO REST oAuth 

trondwn_0-1694162069266.png

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@trondwn Thanks for the additional information. It appears that an Authorized Support Contact has opened a Support Request with the SAP Concur Support team for assistance. The case has been assigned and updated. See below. For additional questions, please continue to work with your Authorized Support Contact at your company, as there is an assigned Web Service expert assigned to the support request. 

Our APIs will only work with Password grant type or Refresh Token grant type. The Client Credentials grant type is for Event Subscription Service (ESS) v4. The access token will not work for our APIs if password/refresh_token grant type is missing.

Remember to tag me if you respond or feel free to mark this post as Solved if you don't have further questions or comments. To tag me on your response, you click the Reply button, first thing to type is @. This should bring up the username of the person you are replying to.

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.