cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vcox
Occasional Member - Level 1

Alternative 2FA Setup for Employees without Smartphones

Hello Concur Community,

We have recently mandated using Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for accessing our Concur account, aligning with best practices for secure login. However, we've encountered a challenge with one of our employees who does not own a smartphone and, thus, cannot set 2FA.

I'm contacting y'all to see if anyone has faced a similar scenario and how you navigated it. Are there alternative methods within Concur for setting up 2FA that do not require a smartphone? Or any external solutions that integrate well with Concur?

Appreciate any insights or suggestions you may have to share. Looking forward to learning from your experiences and finding a viable solution for our team members.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best,

Velia

Navigating the world of travel, credit, and expense one journey at a time.
3 REPLIES 3
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@vcox yes, users can use a web browser. Here is our Setup Guide that should provide the information: Setup Guide for End Users.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
andreav
Occasional Member - Level 2

Utilizing a web browser authenticator is not nearly as secure as SAPConcur sending an authentication code via email to the known email address on the account, with a code in the email. 

As cyber-security goes, if this is truly to make everything more secure, then for people without a smart device, the option for an email with a code to be sent to them is much more secure than utilizing a web browser authenticator option. 

My company has been the victim of a cyber-attack in the past, luckily we recovered without paying the ransom. However for this reason alone, my company does not want to utilize the Chrome, Edge, or other browser authenticator options. We currently use Microsoft Authenticator app, which does not have web option, and also offers the option for a text message code to be sent to the employee. 

The 2FA needs to be updated to not only use an authenticator, but to offer the text or email options in order to truly be accepted by the users without smart devices. 

MelanieT
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@andreav I am sorry for the difficulties with this.  This would be something you could submit as an improvement request. To submit a new improvement request or vote on an existing improvement request, please visit the Customer Influence Website.

Thank you,
Melanie Taufen
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.