cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask Me Anything (AMA): Prepare for the NextGen UI Cutover

MitchellW
0 70 11.9K

If you missed the AMA, remember that you can continue the conversation with the NextGen UI label within the Expense Forum, or within the User Admin Group for our Concur Administrators!
_____

Join us
 Wednesday, September 21, 2022 from 10am – 12pm PT to ask your questions to our in-house SAP Concur Product Experts regarding the upcoming (October 1st)  transition to NextGenUI. 

Read Ahead: Unclear on what NextGen UI is? Learn more within the Admin Resources section.

Ask Away: Questions will be answered directly on this thread, so if you won’t be available during the live AMA, comment your questions below at any time to have them answered during the event. 
Note: You must be registered to Community and signed in, in order to comment on the thread. 

No sign up needed! Ask your questions directly below.

Stay Connected: Hit "Subscribe" to get reminders for the event and notifications when answers are posted.

70 Comments
belindaz
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@ruggierow 

Based on feedback from others, the transition from icons to words and links seems to be more of an adjustment for Expense Proxy than for end users. 

To add to Kevin’s excellent article, Pending card transaction payment type means that there is no cc transaction linked to the expense (yet), but that Concur Expense ‘expects’ that there should be one.  Once a matching card transaction arrives, it would automatically be linked and would update the payment type to the card payment type.

You can easily see when a card transaction is linked to an expense on a report, as the payment type name is a hyperlink to view the card details. On Available Expenses, you can click the row to see what sources are linked to that expense.

ruggierow
Occasional Member - Level 3

In the New UI will the hotel expenses still automatically itemize for the end-user in those case with the e-receipts or CC transaction import?

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ajmotyka if you click the Payment Type for the transaction, the details will appear. The hover has been replaced by needing to click.  

hbazlen
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@toriehigh 

SAP Concur is planning to update the training to point to the NextGen training site after the final transition to NextGen UI.  We do not yet have specific timing for this update.A Professional customer may edit this right now under Expense Admin - Training Administration.  There are two paths they can take:
  1. Use the Alternate URL tab to put in a link directly to the new training site https://www.concurtraining.com/toolkit/en/expense/end-user/ui02
  2. Inactivate all of the old UI training admins and create new individual entries using the links available on that training site.
belindaz
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@ruggierow 
Yes, hotel expenses will continue to be automatically itemized exactly as in the legacy UI.

bobiazi
Occasional Member - Level 3

I actually found a response to why the missing receipt declaration does not display for some end users...not there if you ‘proxy in’ for someone else. No need to contact support.

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ruggierow that functionality will still be there. 

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bobiazi yes, good find. That is the main reason why people do not see the MRD, because they are either proxied in or acting as a delegate. By system design, only the owner of the report can attach the MRD. I like to explain it as a binding document between the employee and their company. Only the one who owns the expenses should be the one attesting as to why there is no receipt. 🙂

MartyC
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@srodgers Thanks for asking about Drag and Drop!   We have plans to bring that back - keep your eye on the next published external roadmap!

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@srodgers I wanted to get a t-shirt made that said, "Bring Back the Drag and Drop" but my manager wouldn't approve the budget for it. LOL. Sounds like our User Experience and Dev teams are on it though. 🙂

dgoode0517
Occasional Member - Level 2

I have been on the new user interface for a few months now and have staggered our start date with other groups in the company.  A couple of questions that we have....

The report tiles used to show a preview of the comment when a report was sent back.  Now that is mixed in with the entire report timeline.  Any way that there would ever be a link to see comments on the report?  

Any chance that Concur will now support the HEIC format for pictures when emailing receipts@concur.com from a verified email address?  Newer iPhones use this format, but now photos of receipts do not appear in the Receipt Store, I am assuming because of this format.  However, I have changed my settings to a jpeg format and I still receive an error page instead of the actual receipt photo.  I have tested this on my husband's Concur, unrelated to my company and he hasn't had issues, so I am also unsure if it is the actual format issue anymore.

And another undesirable feature is not being able to adjust the columns.  When creating a report that has several expenses, especially while using the detailed view, I now need to scroll down and over to see if I have all the necessary information is included.  Any way to get the ability to adjust the columns back?  And/or freeze the headers.  Would still prefer the adjustment back as someone else above requested.

Thank you!

Nancyagfa
Super User
Super User

It would be really nice if the answers were attached to the questions.  I have to search for the answer if it's not right below.

belindaz
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@dgoode0517 
Thanks for that feedback!

Here is a link to an article posted by our Product team on how to provide feedback. This team is very committed to hearing feedback and implementing enhancements to help better our products: NextGen UI Feedback Program

htran

Hi there,

My question how do we know our Concur profile turns on for Nextgen UI?

Thank you!

Hue (Lily)

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Nancyagfa 100% agree. This area of the Community is a bit different from our Forums, which use a Thread. We wanted this Ask Me Anything event to be in an ungated area so anyone could access it. This was the best place we have for that as of now.

Trust that this has already been discussed and we are working to see if we can get this Events area to behave like our Forums where one can post a reply directly to someone rather than post a comment and have to tag the original poster.

Thank you for the feedback and as always, thank you for contributing here on the Community. Don't think that I don't notice. 🙂

belindaz
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@htran 
There will be no notification from SAP Concur to your company when this automatic transition occurs in October. 
You can easily see what UI you are on:

If you are on the NextGen UI, the main Expense page shows this:

NextGen UI.JPG

If this is the legacy UI, the main Expense page shows this:

Legacy UI.JPG

MartyC
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@srodgers  With regard to resizing the receipt window:  On the image dialog itself, the user has an option to open into a new browser window. The user can both resize and reposition that new window.  Hope that helps!

image.png

MelissafromMD

I just wanted to add to the feedback, "Bring Back the Drag and Drop!"  

Yes, it's useful for me when working on expenses but I also use it in trainings to catch users' attention and to show that Concur can do some really cool things.  It helps with engagement and user buy-in.  

KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MelissafromMD as @MartyC mentioned here this is currently being worked on. 🙂

MitchellW
Community Manager
Community Manager

This brings our AMA on NextGen UI to a close! Thank you to everyone that got involved and if you continue to have questions, remember that the Expense Forum with the NextGen UI label is always open, or the User Admin Group if you are an Administrator for your company. 

About This Author