cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Published on ‎May 23, 2023 02:03 PM by Community Manager | Updated on ‎Jun 1, 2023 11:43 AM

To stop receiving multiple emails from this event, hit the "Options" button at the top right of this event page and hit "unsubscribe" 

Have you heard? The SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme is now available for you to enable for your SAP Concur solutions on the web. The SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme on the SAP Concur mobile app is planned to be rolled out to all customers over a period of time starting June 5, 2023. 

Join us at 11am PT on Thursday, June 1 to ask your questions live on this thread and learn more from internal SAP Concur Product and Solution experts about what this change means and how you can optimize the switchover.

Haven’t heard about SAP Fiori with Horizon yet or want to learn more? Check out Fiori with Horizon in Admin Resources, or kick it off with our roadmap.

Not participated in one of our AMA’s before? Getting involved is simple. Ask your questions about SAP Fiori with Horizon at any time before June 1 by clicking “Reply” directly below, and you’ll have your question answered live in-thread on Thursday, June 1 at 11am PT. Or, sign in at our live set time to see the answers roll in.

RSVP your interest so you can add it to your calendar.

Reminder: YOU are the stars of this event. There is no audio/video event to sign into, just this thread where questions are asked by you, and answered by our SME's. So, ask your questions below at any time before or during the event time to get them answered! 

Featured Guests
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Labels (2)
Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Start:
Thu, Jun 1, 2023 11:00 AM PDT
End:
Thu, Jun 1, 2023 12:00 PM PDT
159 Replies
MSteele
Routine Member - Level 1

All the documentation I saw said that Fiori with Horizon was going live on May 20th.  When I went to switch over (using the instructions provided for Standard edition), I couldn't find the Appearance Settings.  After contacting Customer Support, I was told that only the Professional edition was going live.  SAP Concur needs to do a better job at specifying when products are going live for both editions or provide separate live dates for Professional and Standard editions.  

hbazlen
SAP Concur Employee

Hi there! SAP Fiori with Horizon is available for both Professional and Standard editions.

If your organization uses Budget, that may be the reason for not having access to the theme. Budget has product screens on the web that are not yet optimized for the SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme. To avoid a negative user experience, Budget customers will initially not have access to the theme on the web for any product. Budget on the web will receive SAP Fiori with Horizon in the future, but the exact timing is to be determined. Budget customers will receive SAP Fiori with Horizon on the SAP Concur mobile app.

If your organization does not have Budget, and you still do not see the theme setting by following the instructions for Standard edition, please respond back. 

Best,
Hailey Bazlen
Global Product and Solution Marketing, SAP Concur
MSteele
Routine Member - Level 1

Hello @hbazlen.  We only use Expense.  I did follow the instructions, but was not able to see the Appearance Settings.  I contacted Customer Support on May 23rd and they turned it on for me by doing something on their end.  I was told that Fiori w/Horizon was not available for Standard edition Administrators yet.

acmorgan12
Occasional Member - Level 3

I would like for Concur to point out the specific changes that did occur. There is a blanketed "functionality has not changed", but there are significant changes to where items are located. Mainly that the entire header has changed, this seems like a big modification and can create confusion. It would be nice for them to have a list of other items such as the header that changed as they are significant to our company.  Will they call out their specific changes they made or are we left to guess where the other changes are?

acmorgan12

To add to this, we are as many others are needing to change our company created guides and videos. While we are changing these will Concur be updating their instructions as well? When can we expect to have access to the Concur updated training guides?

Hi @acmorgan12 We are working to update our training materials and documentation with the new visual theme. We are prioritizing updating the SAP Concur mobile app materials first since the theme will become the default setting for the mobile app soon. For web documentation, we aim to have the most popular ConcurTraining.com assets updated prior to the theme becoming the default (October 2, 2023) and all ConcurTraining.com assets updated prior to the Gateway theme retirement (April 2, 2024).

acmorgan12

This is an interesting approach to releasing an update. Not having the training materials updated prior to release seems like poor management. Will those training materials be automatically applied in the interface? Or as admins will we need to go in and select the updated materials for our end users to access? Who can we contact around October to be sure these have been updated? Will there be communication to admins with any updates to when the materials have been created?

YIsaacs

Why are we not given the option to decide when to turn on Fiori for Mobile?  We need to have standarization as this impacts how to support our products, trainind documents, and such

lsimpson

So mobile is not optional ?  Not happy about that at all.  Need communication to our users well in advance of change.

@lsimpson Thank you for your question. The update on the mobile app will roll out automatically. We've put together email templates to support you in communicating this update with your users. You can find them here: SAP_Fiori_Email_Admin_Templates.docx (live.com)

HDCJackson
Occasional Member - Level 1

@kelseygordon01, if SAP Concur is launching a change to their system, views or functionality, we would expect that the training materials and documentation would be provided at the time of launch.  We do not launch system changes to our company population until we have the Documentation and FAQ's established prior to the launch.  This reduces the confusion at the time of launch.

Hi @acmorgan12 - thank you for your comment.  Please see the below list of specific changes that will occur. 

When the SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme is enabled, there are some navigation changes on the web:

SAP Concur solutions (for example, Concur Expense, Concur Travel, and Concur Invoice) are organized under the Home drop-down menu.

For Administrators, the administration pages are organized under the Home drop-down menu.

Any customized links will appear under the Home drop-down menu.

The help section is no longer titled Help, but rather is represented with a question mark symbol.

The profile section is no longer titled Profile, but rather is represented with a symbol of a person.

Navigation changes on the SAP Concur mobile app:

The home screen has been redesigned, providing the important information you need at your fingertips.

The bottom tabs give quick access to the home screen and your core SAP Concur solutions (for example, Concur Expense and Concur Travel).

A new action button (camera icon) allows users to quickly capture images of receipts and use ExpenseIt®, depending on your specific products and configurations.

barrmichelle
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hello - Please advise on how to toggle back to the "old" version.  I have some employees who are frustrated with the new layout.  Thank you!!

scoathy
Routine Member - Level 1

Good morning and Happy Tuesday, @barrmichelle !

I expect when we transition that there will be the same frustration as some of my users are only now becoming comfortable with the last UI change.
I'm curious, what are your users' primary pain points and als how did you socialize the new theme to your users to get them on board in advance?

We struggle with that aspect of change management here so I want to be as prepared as possible and appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers!

Scott

hbazlen
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @barrmichelle! Which theme setting was enabled for your organization: 
(1) Legacy Concur UI and Fiori Horizon or (2)  Fiori Horizon? 

If 1, individual users can change their theme setting to Concur Gateway by following these instructions: 

• After signing into Concur Solutions, go to Profile Settings.
  • Under Profile Options, click System Settings.
  • If your organization has enabled the SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme family, you will see a section labeled Appearance Settings.
  • Using the drop-down, select your preferred theme and click Save.

If option 2, you will need to file a support ticket to revert back to the Concur Gateway theme. 

Best,
Hailey Bazlen
SheriG
Occasional Member - Level 1

Can Concur please give the Fiori Theme permission to all profiled travelers and let them toggle it on if they wish?

Otherwise, we will have assign that permission in each site.  Thank you.

SheriG
hbazlen
SAP Concur Employee

@SheriG 

The SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme must be enabled by each organization individually, by following the instructions in the external FAQ

Best,
Hailey Bazlen
Du
Occasional Member - Level 2

Hi went in to enable the theme per the instructions for professional edition- 

Company Admin and select Company settings- but I do not see company settings -

is this under something else?

Maymie

Hi Du,

I finally found it under the company settings. I did a screenshot for you to assist. Hope it helps.

Maymie_0-1685472460049.png