cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Published on ‎May 23, 2023 02:03 PM by Community Manager | Updated on ‎Jun 1, 2023 11:43 AM

To stop receiving multiple emails from this event, hit the "Options" button at the top right of this event page and hit "unsubscribe" 

Have you heard? The SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme is now available for you to enable for your SAP Concur solutions on the web. The SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme on the SAP Concur mobile app is planned to be rolled out to all customers over a period of time starting June 5, 2023. 

Join us at 11am PT on Thursday, June 1 to ask your questions live on this thread and learn more from internal SAP Concur Product and Solution experts about what this change means and how you can optimize the switchover.

Haven’t heard about SAP Fiori with Horizon yet or want to learn more? Check out Fiori with Horizon in Admin Resources, or kick it off with our roadmap.

Not participated in one of our AMA’s before? Getting involved is simple. Ask your questions about SAP Fiori with Horizon at any time before June 1 by clicking “Reply” directly below, and you’ll have your question answered live in-thread on Thursday, June 1 at 11am PT. Or, sign in at our live set time to see the answers roll in.

RSVP your interest so you can add it to your calendar.

Reminder: YOU are the stars of this event. There is no audio/video event to sign into, just this thread where questions are asked by you, and answered by our SME's. So, ask your questions below at any time before or during the event time to get them answered! 

Featured Guests
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Labels (2)
Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Start:
Thu, Jun 1, 2023 11:00 AM PDT
End:
Thu, Jun 1, 2023 12:00 PM PDT
159 Replies
NG
Occasional Member - Level 3

I was reviewing look and feel in preview mode. I am missing some options under preview: "on-screen assistance" / "explore interactive help" - I noticed this was now enabled under preview. Thanks for that. 

• Are there any updates/ plans for company notes/ travel messages to get UI updated alike, seems that selection of fonts/ style under Admin settings fonts/ style has not changed but the actual appearance is different under Horizon. 
    Please share any templates/ updates for company notes - messages section so that the style can be checked and updated if required.
  • And please elaborate: Horizon is company wide setting based on Travel settings or is this enabled  based on company configuration? I believe this update is related to Travel Evolution. 

Thank you!
HongWang
SAP Concur Employee

Hello NG,

Regarding the Company Notes / travel messages in supporting Horizon, this is a known issue. Concur engineering teams are working on supporting Horizon themes in Company Notes, etc.
Regarding the Horizon settings, they are company wide settings. These settings are based on company configuration, even for expense only companies. There is additional information on how the settings work in expense only companies in other replies in this session.

Thanks!

Nancyagfa
Super User

I had to create a case to find out that if you don't use Travel, you don't get to preview.  I don't think that's quite right as expense needs to see this too.  It should be said in the information that this preview is limited to those who have CancurTravel.

Nancy Murray
Agfa
mcnerney
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi @Nancyagfa We don't use Travel either but this seems to work for us so far, from SAP Concur:

1. Sign into SAP Concur
2. Navigate to the Appearance Settings page by adding the following to the SAP Concur base URL:/Profile/AppearanceSettings.aspFor example, if your entity is in the US (North America) data center, after signing into SAP Concur, the URL you use to navigate to the Appearance Settings page is:https://us2.concursolutions.com/Profile/AppearanceSettings.aspIf your entity is in the EU (EMEA) data center, after signing into SAP Concur, the URL you use to navigate to the Appearance Settings page is:https://eu2.concursolutions.com/Profile/AppearanceSettings.asp3.After navigating to Appearance Settings, select the desired theme to preview and click Apply Theme.The available themes are as follows:
a. Concur Gateway
b. Morning Horizon
c. Evening Horizon
d. In addition to the Horizon themes, you can enable High Contrast mode.4. After clicking Apply Theme, the chosen theme is applied to the SAP Concur User interface until you sign out of SAP Concur or until the theme is manually shut off. (edited) 

@Nancyagfa wrote:

I had to create a case to find out that if you don't use Travel, you don't get to preview.  I don't think that's quite right as expense needs to see this too.  It should be said in the information that this preview is limited to those who have CancurTravel.

And the US link only opened Concur and nothing else, so there is still a problem.  My team explained on my case that I could not get it and they could not do anything for me to preview.  The link is not going anywhere but opening Concur in a new tab.  Obviously if my support team can't get me the preview, how does this?

Nancy Murray
Agfa

It finally connected but I don't want to turn on for everyone, just me.  Is that possible?

Nancy Murray
Agfa
RonaldV
SAP Concur Employee

@Nancyagfa you need to log in first and then paste the appearance settings url. This URL only applies to your session and does not affect anyone else. The next time you login, you will get the current Gateway theme again.

Thanks and I did try this on the Morning theme and it is very harsh on the eyes, too bright especially if you select teh high contrast.  This is not a good solution and will eventually cause problems with eyesight for some.  Needs to be dimmed like the current version.

Nancy Murray
Agfa
mcnerney
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi @Nancyagfa You do have to log in first, then the link will resolve to Appearance Settings. Alternatively you can click on the link so you're logged in, then click the link again.

Hope this helps!

damedal
Occasional Member - Level 1

Is the preview available in Test Sites.  Also, we have the Professional edition and I do not see the option to change my settings in my profile. 

Hello @damedal Yes, the preview should be available in Test Site. To answer the 2nd part of your question - when the SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme became available on the web on May 20, 2023, there was an issue preventing Administrator Users with Concur Expense, professional edition, who do not have Concur Travel from accessing the page. We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this has caused and have taken steps to address and resolve the issue. For customers with Concur Expense, professional edition, who do not have Concur Travel, please follow these updated steps to enable the theme:

1. An Administrator User can navigate to the Administer Company Permissions page via this URL:
    1. If your entity is in the US (North America) data center, after signing into SAP Concur solutions, enter this URL: https://us2.concursolutions.com/companyadmin/permission_role_detail.asp
    2. If your entity is in the EU (EMEA) data center, after signing into SAP Concur solutions, enter this URL: https://eu2.concursolutions.com/companyadmin/permission_role_detail.asp
  2. On this page the Administrator User can assign the “Company Administration” permission to themself.
  3. Once the “Company Administration” permission is assigned to the Administrator User, they can navigate to the Company Settings page by clicking Company, then Company Admin, and then Company Settings. There they will have access to the theme settings.

Also, please note that if your organization has Budget, you will not have access to the SAP Fiori with Horizon theme on the web at this time. 

mcnerney
Routine Member - Level 1

Hi @damedal Are you in the US data center?

These steps should work:

(and anecdotally, the same steps work in Implementation/test; you append the URL with 

/Profile/AppearanceSettings.asp )

1. Sign into SAP Concur
2. Navigate to the Appearance Settings page by adding the following to the SAP Concur base URL:/Profile/AppearanceSettings.aspFor example, if your entity is in the US (North America) data center, after signing into SAP Concur, the URL you use to navigate to the Appearance Settings page is:https://us2.concursolutions.com/Profile/AppearanceSettings.aspIf your entity is in the EU (EMEA) data center, after signing into SAP Concur, the URL you use to navigate to the Appearance Settings page is:https://eu2.concursolutions.com/Profile/AppearanceSettings.asp3.After navigating to Appearance Settings, select the desired theme to preview and click Apply Theme.The available themes are as follows:
a. Concur Gateway
b. Morning Horizon
c. Evening Horizon
d. In addition to the Horizon themes, you can enable High Contrast mode.4. After clicking Apply Theme, the chosen theme is applied to the SAP Concur User interface until you sign out of SAP Concur or until the theme is manually shut off. (edited) 

NicholeH

If the Mobile App is rolling out in "waves" will Admins be notified of a date their company will change over? How am I supposed to notify my end-users if there is not a definite timeline or date?

richadams
SAP Concur Employee

Companies who are in the anticipated first wave rolling out after 5th June have been notified.

As the roll out to all clients depends on the success of the first wave - no bugs or limited fixes needed - that is why we're unable to say now (June 1st) when release to all clients will be. We will only release to all once confident of success - this is expected in the mid June / July timeframe. 

acmorgan12

This does not answer the question of whether or not we as admins will be notified when the switchover will take place. Concur has notified the first wave and those companies are aware. I am not in one of those companies, I have not been notified. Will the remaining 'waves' be notified or automatically switched once it is determined that it works?

richadams
SAP Concur Employee

The remaining "waves" once we switch on for all clients will be notified by the standard mobile release process and notes: https://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/MobileDocs/ReleaseNotes/_CCC_RN.htm

acmorgan12

At the time the release notes are published, are we to assume that the remaining customers will all be updated on Mobile? Or will there be notifications? The first wave received a notification. 

That is really unrealistic for the rest of us to plan for.  We'll let you know in the release notes?  This is a poor roll-out of an unnecessary change after all the rest we have had to endure.

Nancy Murray
Agfa
jchupa
Junior Member - Level 3

Are there email notifications we can sign up to receive for Release Notes?

mallan
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi, Would you please clarify how that notification should looks like?

Authorized Support Contact in our Company received an email with the following Subject: "Product Update: New SAP Fiori with Horizon Visual Design Theme Family"

Is that the notification or it should be something more specific?