cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Published on ‎May 23, 2023 02:03 PM by Community Manager | Updated on ‎Jun 1, 2023 11:43 AM

To stop receiving multiple emails from this event, hit the "Options" button at the top right of this event page and hit "unsubscribe" 

Have you heard? The SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme is now available for you to enable for your SAP Concur solutions on the web. The SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme on the SAP Concur mobile app is planned to be rolled out to all customers over a period of time starting June 5, 2023. 

Join us at 11am PT on Thursday, June 1 to ask your questions live on this thread and learn more from internal SAP Concur Product and Solution experts about what this change means and how you can optimize the switchover.

Haven’t heard about SAP Fiori with Horizon yet or want to learn more? Check out Fiori with Horizon in Admin Resources, or kick it off with our roadmap.

Not participated in one of our AMA’s before? Getting involved is simple. Ask your questions about SAP Fiori with Horizon at any time before June 1 by clicking “Reply” directly below, and you’ll have your question answered live in-thread on Thursday, June 1 at 11am PT. Or, sign in at our live set time to see the answers roll in.

RSVP your interest so you can add it to your calendar.

Reminder: YOU are the stars of this event. There is no audio/video event to sign into, just this thread where questions are asked by you, and answered by our SME's. So, ask your questions below at any time before or during the event time to get them answered! 

Featured Guests
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

Labels (2)
Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Start:
Thu, Jun 1, 2023 11:00 AM PDT
End:
Thu, Jun 1, 2023 12:00 PM PDT
159 Replies
hbazlen
SAP Concur Employee

@dxh798 

Thank you for your feedback, it has been noted! 

With any change there is an adjustment period, and while we understand that it can be challenging at times, the changes being implemented are a result of thorough user testing with the goal to improve the user experience and align with SAP theming. It is true that some actions will require an additional click with the SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme as compared to the Concur Gateway theme. Namely, your SAP Concur solutions (for example, Concur Expense, Concur Travel, and Concur Invoice) are now organized under the Home drop-down menu. While this adds one additional click, we found that organizing all applications in one place is preferable from an ease-of-use perspective.

Best,
Hailey Bazlen
Global Product and Solution Marketing, SAP Concur

The tabs across the top is still a much more clear format for expense.  The extra clicks and not seeing the tabs across the top is just not as efficient for the end user.

Nancy Murray
Agfa
Nancyagfa
Super User

I still don't have the option showing on my system under Company Admin, so can't even look at it.  Hopefully an answer later this week on why.

Nancy Murray
Agfa
hbazlen
SAP Concur Employee

Hi @Nancyagfa

When the SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme became available on the web on May 20, 2023, there was an issue preventing Administrator Users with Concur Expense, professional edition, who do not have Concur Travel from accessing the page. We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this has caused and have taken steps to address and resolve the issue. For customers with Concur Expense, professional edition, who do not have Concur Travel, please follow these updated steps to enable the theme:

1. An Administrator User can navigate to the Administer Company Permissions page via this URL:
    1. If your entity is in the US (North America) data center, after signing into SAP Concur solutions, enter this URL: https://us2.concursolutions.com/companyadmin/permission_role_detail.asp
    2. If your entity is in the EU (EMEA) data center, after signing into SAP Concur solutions, enter this URL: https://eu2.concursolutions.com/companyadmin/permission_role_detail.asp
  2. On this page the Administrator User can assign the “Company Administration” permission to themself.
  3. Once the “Company Administration” permission is assigned to the Administrator User, they can navigate to the Company Settings page by clicking Company, then Company Admin, and then Company Settings. There they will have access to the theme settings.

Also, please note that if your organization has Budget, you will not have access to the SAP Fiori with Horizon theme on the web at this time. 

Best,
Hailey Bazlen
NG
Occasional Member - Level 3

Hi there, 
I was reviewing look and feel in preview mode. I am missing some options under preview

• Will "on-screen assistance" / "explore interactive help" made available when changing the setting from Legacy to Fiori Horizon, or is this not supported under this theme?
    Please share planned release date of the feature if it comes later.
  • Are there any updates/ plans for company notes/ travel messages to get UI updated alike, seems that selection of fonts/ style under Admin settings fonts/ style has not changed but the actual appearance is different under Horizon. 
    Please share any templates/ updates for company notes - messages section so that the style can be checked and updated if required.

Thank you!

nwhite
Occasional Member - Level 2

I would like to know what my company's screen will look like in the new version.  We only have the expense reporting and extra items on the screen confuse some employees.  Will we only see what we have access to.  It looks like the mobile version is not available yet.  It would be better for us to go on both at the same time.  Will you be providing any instructions or training videos on the new site.  It appears that you may access the same info in a different way.

Hello @nwhite - thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Please view the section "Can I preview the SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme before turning it on for my entire organization?" in the FAQ for instructions on how to preview the theme on the web. For the mobile app, the theme will roll out in waves starting June 5. 

mg7820
New Member - Level 2

Kelsey,

Am I understanding correctly that we do not have control over the mobile app upgrade?  When our wave hits, we have it?  Like the Cognos 11 update?  But we do have the ability to turn on the web update on a date of our choosing?

@mg7820 - Yes, you are correct. On the mobile app, the SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme update will take place in waves starting June 5. On the web, the SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme is currently optional, and Admins can decide when they want to enable it for their organization. On October 2, 2023, the new theme will become the default theme on the web for customers who have not made it so already - but Admins will have the option to revert back to the legacy theme (Concur Gateway) if they need to.  Then in early 2024 the legacy theme (Concur Gateway) on the web will retire completely, and all customers will use the SAP Fiori with Horizon visual theme. 

Tiffani

Will we get advance notification when our company will get the new theme on the mobile app? 

hbazlen
SAP Concur Employee

@Tiffani 

All clients will be notified by the standard mobile release process and notes: https://www.concurtraining.com/customers/tech_pubs/MobileDocs/ReleaseNotes/_CCC_RN.htm. 

The app release will be rolled out to an initial subset of customers on June 5 (those specific customers have been notified directly). We are doing this slow rollout to ensure a high-quality user experience with the app.  While we can't provide a specific date by which all of our customers will receive the mobile app update, you can expect that it will be sometime in the weeks following June 5th. 

Best,
Hailey Bazlen
abhinav_sharma2

Hi Kelsey, 

A quick question for you. Do you know what  time SAP Concur is going to flip the switch on 2nd October'23. Would it like 8 A.M. ET for all customers or how it would be.

nwhite

What does the mobile version look like.

hbazlen
SAP Concur Employee

@nwhite please see the demo video here

Best,
Hailey Bazlen
SusanT
Super User

I'm trying the Horizon theme and found no issues with Expense. However, with Travel, I noticed that when searching for airfare, the results screen does not draw correctly - all of the fares are squished over on the left side. We will not be able to enable Horizon until this issue has been resolved. I opened a support case and they have confirmed this is a known issue.

YIsaacs

I don't have that problem but don't like this look.  Are you using View More Fares by chance, as we do not.

Thanks,

Yvette

RonaldV
SAP Concur Employee

@SusanT We did identify an issue with Dual Fare for Sabre customers. We are working on solution which is expected to become available in the next few weeks. 

jchupa
Junior Member - Level 3

What is the purpose of having three theme settings? 

(From the FAQ guide:)

a. Legacy Concur UI. Users only see the Concur Gateway theme. This is the default theme.

b. Legacy Concur UI and Fiori Horizon. Users can choose between Concur Gateway, Morning Horizon, Evening Horizon, and high contrast themes. Concur Gateway will remain the default theme.

i. Important note: if you select this theme setting (Legacy Concur UI and Fiori Horizon), you cannot revert to the option Legacy Concur UI.

c. Fiori Horizon. Users can choose between Morning Horizon, Evening Horizon, and high contrast themes. When this option is selected, Morning Horizon will automatically become the default for users.

i. Important note: if you select this theme setting (Fiori Horizon), you cannot revert to any other theme settings.

Is it just a matter of when we want to switch over and if we give our users the option to revert back to Legacy temporarily?  

RonaldV
SAP Concur Employee

@jchupa 
Option a. is the current theme. Option b. allows you to enable Fiori Horizon for your users while keeping access to Gateway - the current theme.

Once you move from a. to b. then option a. disappears. When you move to option c. then options a. and b. disappear.