cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric4x4
Occasional Member - Level 2

Why does SAP keep getting rid of useful features? (flight results in a grid)

customer service worse great love.jpg

I tried to book a flight today and lo and behold, I was greeted with the "new" layout for flight search results that simply show EVERY FRIGGIN FLIGHT top to bottom with no intuitive filtering option.

All I want is a grid showing the abbreviated flights by price and airline...

Why was it necessary to take away this simple and exceptionally useful feature?

You keep making me hate this company more and more.

7 REPLIES 7
otto802
New Member - Level 1

Agreed. I travel a few times a month for work and this new flight booking page is absolutely terrible. They are also hiding common options in hidden menus when there is no need. 

leedau
SAP Concur Employee
SAP Concur Employee

@Eric4x4 Thanks for posting in the SAP Concur Community. The new Travel Experience allows your to update your Sorts and click on All Filters to allow your to customize your preferred filtering. The search results will display based on your what your company has configured. The new Travel Experience allows you to see what is included in your fare for each fare type to ensure you pick the right option based on your preferences and your company's travel policy. 

I hope your experience will improve, as you become more familiar with the new Travel Experience. 

Thank you,
Lee-Anne Dautovic
SAP Concur Community Moderator
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
Eric4x4
Occasional Member - Level 2

"The new Travel Experience"  is cumbersome, clunky and far less efficient than the grid. The next thing that I discovered is that the car rental grid is gone. Now I cannot select a car from National Car rental because there are these "budget" Rent-A-Wreck car companies that offer rentals so much cheaper than National that the grid won't even show the options due to the price restrictions.

I am going to be forced to start doing all of my travel through the vendor sites INSTEAD of Concur.

Sometimes change isn't progress. All I can say is PLEASE, bring back the grid.

Jsajdak
Occasional Member - Level 1

AGREED

Jsajdak

Our experience will improve when you bring back the grid.  I understand how to get the search results.  It is simply not as efficient as the grid.  The grid gives you an overview of the options.  Now I have to scroll through all the options and then change my search again and again.  Much like the added pages I have to go through for expense reporting.  I'm not sure who is making these decisions, but I can assure you all the admins I speak with same the same things as my above comments.

Jsajdak

I am an executive assistant uses this tool extensively.  I completely agree with Eric4x4.  Concur continues to take away features that made the process efficient.  Why are you going backwards?  I can assure you I am familiar with this new layout.  It is simply not as efficient as the grid for travel search.  I also am disappointed with some of the expense features such as adding attendees in particular.

jkoutras
New Member - Level 1

Agreed.  This change is so efficiency destroying that I felt compelled to register for a Concur Community account just for it.  It speaks to how little understanding they have about how customers use and derive benefit from their tool.  I particularly enjoyed the moderator's feedback that boils down to "you just don't know how good these changes are for you".  Further, the benefits extolled by the moderator are not mutually exclusive with retaining the matrix since individual flights were always listed below the matrix and could be enhanced there as she noted.  The matrix is actually the pinnacle of how to make this tool good, the quest to achieve a better way often gets conflated with any change is good.