cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickeycoggins
Occasional Member - Level 1

Warning: unfinished trip

Hi, I was booking a trip, got the airline part done, gave my CC, all seems to have gone through.  Have confirmation codes from the (low cost) airline to both my business and personal email.  All good.  Continued to the hotels, and it said that the hotel I want is fully booked.  Went to the hotel website directly, and got my rooms - again, no problem, these things can happen.  Now, at this point, I could not find a way to tell Concur that I'm done, and don't need a hotel.  I'm getting email reminders.  What's the right thing to do?  I don't want it to send a message to the airline that I've cancelled my trip.  Thanks!

1 Solution
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mickeycoggins when you say you "gave your cc" what did that entail? Did you give it to a travel agent or enter it in somewhere in Concur Travel. Did you see a charge for the airfare on your company card? 

I'm asking because if you are booking in Concur Travel, you would be selecting all your travel options (Air and Hotel) and once all have been selected, you would get to a final screen that has a Purchase button. This sends the airfare and hotel info to your company's travel agency for ticketing and to confirm the hotel reservation. I'm not sure how you could have purchased the airfare, if you didn't click a Purchase button. 

I'll need some more details. I'm unsure how you could have received a confirmation from the airline. Oh wait, which airline did you select? If it was Southwest, then your purchase would go through immediately as they are a Direct Purchase carrier. So, since you did a search for Hotel but never selected anything, the system thinks your Concur Travel booking is not finished. As long as your air is confirmed you should be all good. 

If you sign in to your SAP Concur account, click Travel at the top, it will take you to the Travel home screen. You should see the trip on the home screen or possibly by clicking the Upcoming Trips tab. The trip will be a hyperlink to allow you to open the itinerary. Once opened, see if there are any options for removing the hotel or telling the system you do not need a hotel. I've not had this situation personally, so I'm not sure what options you will see. The other option is to call your travel agency and see if they can see the unfinished trip and possibly remove it somehow.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
KevinD
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mickeycoggins when you say you "gave your cc" what did that entail? Did you give it to a travel agent or enter it in somewhere in Concur Travel. Did you see a charge for the airfare on your company card? 

I'm asking because if you are booking in Concur Travel, you would be selecting all your travel options (Air and Hotel) and once all have been selected, you would get to a final screen that has a Purchase button. This sends the airfare and hotel info to your company's travel agency for ticketing and to confirm the hotel reservation. I'm not sure how you could have purchased the airfare, if you didn't click a Purchase button. 

I'll need some more details. I'm unsure how you could have received a confirmation from the airline. Oh wait, which airline did you select? If it was Southwest, then your purchase would go through immediately as they are a Direct Purchase carrier. So, since you did a search for Hotel but never selected anything, the system thinks your Concur Travel booking is not finished. As long as your air is confirmed you should be all good. 

If you sign in to your SAP Concur account, click Travel at the top, it will take you to the Travel home screen. You should see the trip on the home screen or possibly by clicking the Upcoming Trips tab. The trip will be a hyperlink to allow you to open the itinerary. Once opened, see if there are any options for removing the hotel or telling the system you do not need a hotel. I've not had this situation personally, so I'm not sure what options you will see. The other option is to call your travel agency and see if they can see the unfinished trip and possibly remove it somehow.

Thank you,
Kevin Dorsey
SAP Concur Community Manager
Did this response answer your question? Be sure to select “Accept as Solution” so your fellow community members can be helped by it as well.
mickeycoggins
Occasional Member - Level 1

Hi Kevin, thanks for responding.  It was a "low cost" airline, called Wizzair, and Concur told me I need to give my CC immediately, which I did.  After that booking seems to have succeeded, Concur brought me to the Hotel booking pages, but the hotel I wanted was showing "no availability".  I went directly to their website with my browser, and could book there.  The problem was that I couldn't tell Concur "ok, forget the hotel".  I logged back into Concur later, there was an option to drop out of the hotel - I can't recall what it was and unfortunately didn't grab a screenshot.  Anyway, all is good now.  Lesson learned, I'll just book the flight only, then later book the hotel.  Again, my concern was that if I "cancelled the trip" as proposed by Concur, it might have cancelled the flight which was already booked.  I obviously didn't want that.  Would be great to get the developers to look at this scenario and see if there is an opportunity for improvement.  Cheers!